Turkey and Sweet Potato Chilli in the Instant Pot
Lightened up with ground turkey and laden with lots of veggies, this Instant Pot Turkey and Sweet Potato Chilli is ready in 30 minutes from start to finish. It is easy, comforting and kid friendly.
Servings: 6 people
- 1 medium brown onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb organic turkey minced
- 1 can (14.5oz ) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (14.5oz ) tomato sauce
- 1 can (14.5oz ) chick peas (garbanzo beans), drained
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped into rough 1cm squares
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and chopped into rough 1cm squares
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder (more or less depending on taste. I find 1/2 tsp is good for kids)
- salt and pepper to taste
- cooked brown rice or riced cauliflower, chilli flakes, diced avocado, sour cream, grated monterey jack cheese and cilantro to serve
Set the Instant Pot (or alternative pressure cooker) to sauté. Add oil, and once hot add in the onions and sauté for about 3 mins. Add in the garlic and sauté for a further 1min. Add in the turkey mince and cook until browned.
Once turkey has browned, add in the diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, garbanzo beans, 1/2 of the chopped red bell peppers, chopped sweet potatoes, vegetable stock, cumin, paprika and chill powder. Salt and pepper to taste and mix everything well.
Seal the vent. Set to High pressure for 9 mins. Once 9 mins is finished, Quick Release and open lid. Add in the rest of the red bell pepper and stir to combine.
Serve over some cooked brown rice or riced cauliflower for low-carb. Add a dollop of sour cream, some diced avocado, grated cheese, chopped cilantro and more chilli flakes to serve.
Freezes well, just pop in a freezer friendly container without the rice and toppings.
If your child doesn't like raw/crispy vegetables, then add in all of the red bell pepper at step two.
Calories: 134kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 55mg | Sodium: 216mg | Potassium: 250mg | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 1040IU | Vitamin C: 27.1mg | Calcium: 26mg | Iron: 1.4mg