Oven Roasted Middle Eastern Chicken Breasts
These Oven Roasted Middle Eastern Chicken Breasts packs a flavor punch like you will not believe. Marinated in a punchy concoction of seasonings like paprika, cumin, turmeric and cinnamon and then oven roasted to perfection, these chicken breasts hold in all of their moisture and make a great addition to a salad, wrap or on top of a bed of rice. Perfect for meal prepping and packing lunches for the week ahead.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time45 mins
Total Time50 mins
Servings: 4 serves
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 lb chicken breasts boneless and skinless
- 1 onion sliced into wedges
Preheat the oven to 425F.
In a large bowl whisk together the spices, lemon juice, olive oil and garlic. Add in the chicken and onions and give everything a good mix, making sure the chicken is well coated.
If you have time to leave the chicken to marinade then awesome, do that. I never do so I always cook it straight away and it is still fantastic.
Add everything to a baking dish and pop into the preheated oven for 40-45 mins, or until the chicken is brown and crispy on the edges.
Once cooked, remove the chicken from the oven and allow to rest for about 5 mins before cutting it into slices.
Need ideas for how to serve it?
- Pair it with some store bought tabbouleh. Trader Joe's has a great cauliflower version I am quite partial to;
- Serve it for lunch in a wrap (or a nice pita if you can find a good one) with some baby spinach leaves or arugula, some sliced tomatoes and a smear of hummus;
- Plate it up plain with some steamed brown rice and a quick garlic yogurt sauce;
- Avoiding carbs? Wrap it in a lettuce leaf and go to town;
- Thinly sliced on a homemade pizza.
Calories: 217kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 72mg | Potassium: 515mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 540IU | Vitamin C: 9.7mg | Calcium: 27mg | Iron: 1.5mg