Spicy Peanut Noodles with Crispy Tofu and Green Beans
Quick and easy, these spicy peanut noodles will quickly make it onto your regular meal rotation. Combining ramen noodles with a creamy peanut sauce, some crispy tofu, and perfectly cooked green beans. If you want to serve it up for the kids, simply leave out the sambal, they will love the sweet chili flavor!
Servings: 4 serves
- 2 tbsp cooking oil of choice (I used avocado oil)
- 1 packet of firm tofu excess water pressed out and cut into cubes
- 1 cup warm water
- ½ cup Creamy peanut butter (no sugar added)
- 6 tbsp Thai sweet chili sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce (or tamari)
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 tsp chili paste (like sambal oelek) optional for spicy
- 1 ½ cups fresh or frozen green beans cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 packages instant ramen noodles cooked according to package instructions (see notes for fresh or dried)
- 4 spring onions both white and green parts thinly sliced
In a large skillet, heat the oil over a medium heat. Add the tofu and cook for 8 minutes, stirring occassionally, until the tofu is browned.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir together the water, peanut butter, chili sauce, soy sauce, lime juice, and chili paste. Stir to mix.
Add the green beans to the skillet and then add the peanut butter mixture. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occassioanly, until the green beans are tender.
Add the oodles to the skillet and toss to coat them in the sauce. Cook, stirring occassionally, for about 5 minutes, until heated through.
Serve immediately, garnished with the spring onions.
Thai sweet chili sauce is the same sweet-spicy sauce you get in Thai restaurants for dipping spring rolls and fish cakes in. You can buy it in many supermarkets in the Asian section, or in Asian markets.
If you are using fresh ramen then you will need about 18 ounces.
If you are using dried ramen then you will need about 12 ounces.
Calories: 418kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Sodium: 928mg | Potassium: 366mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 404IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 167mg | Iron: 3mg