Red Berry Protein Smoothie
This smoothie is so simple and delicious, with the addition of white beans making it super creamy and chock full of protein. Don't worry, you won't even know the beans are in there. Vegan, vegetarian, dairy-free, and refined sugar-free, this is one easy smoothie that will fast make it into your regular routine.
Servings: 2 serves
- 1.5 cups frozen strawberries
- 1.5 cups frozen raspberries
- 2 cups plant based milk of choice
- ¼ cup canned white beans no salt added, drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or honey (optional)
- fresh berries and coconut to garnish
This smoothie contains twice as much protein as smoothies sold in grocery stores, mostly made of juice. Thanks to white beans, which provide a creamy texture while going unnoticed.
If you like your smoothie to be sweeter, you can add maple syrup or honey.
Calories: 189kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 330mg | Potassium: 431mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 294IU | Vitamin C: 89mg | Calcium: 379mg | Iron: 3mg