Mini Lemon Tarts With Fresh Raspberries
When time is running low, but you still want to have a fancy little dessert on the table, these mini lemon tarts with fresh raspberries can save the day. Layer pre-made mini pie crusts with some lemon curd (why not try homemade lemon curd with honey), pop a fresh raspberry on top, and you are good to go with a great little individual lemon tart to serve your guests.
Servings: 12 serves
- 12 mini tart shells see notes re options
- 1 cup lemon curd see notes re options
- 12 fresh raspberries
- edible flowers and icing sugar for serving optional
Arrange the mini tart shells onto a serving board.
Place a dollop of lemon curd into the tart shell and top with a fresh raspberry.
Optional: add a sprinkle of edible flowers or icing sugar to serve.
For the mini tart shells (tartlets) there are lots of options.
For the lemon curd you can use a recipe like this one: homemade lemon curd with honey.
- make your own using a recipe like this one from A Baking Journey;
- make your own using puff pastry in a mini muffin tray (you will need to cover the first mini muffin tray with another mini muffin tray to stop them from rising too much);
- make your own using pre-cut and par-baked puff pastry;
- make your own using pieces of bread with the crust removed, rolled flat, and baked in a mini muffin tray;
- buy pre-made tart shells from the grocery store or a specialized food store (this option does not have to be baked, so makes this way the most simple).
Calories: 131kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 3mg | Sodium: 97mg | Potassium: 3mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 1IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 1mg | Iron: 1mg