Blueberry and Orange Infused Water
Add a real pop of color and flavor to your water with some Blueberry Orange Infused Water. This natural cleansing water will keep you hydrated throughout the day and give you a nice boost of Vitamin C along the way. Make up a pitcher before you go to bed at night and enjoy the fruit infusion the next day.
Servings: 6 serves
- 1 orange
- ¼ cup blueberries
- 1 litre (33 ounces) filtered water
Place the blueberries in a glass and use a spoon to lightly smash them in order to release their juices.
Slice your orange into quarters and then squeeze each quarter into a large jug with a lid before placing the quarters into the jug.
Place the water and the lightly smashed blueberries into the large jug with the orange quarters and stir.
Place in the fridge for a couple of hours or overnight.
Drink within 24 hours of making for best results.
Tips for the best-infused water:
Drink within 24 hours.
- Make sure your fruit is fresh. Fruit that is about to turn can give your water an unappealing flavor;
- Make sure the fruit is well washed and any dirt or debris has been removed before adding it to the water;
- Gently smash the blueberries in the water, we want to release the flavor of the blueberry, not have lots of little bits floating all over the place;
- If you don't plan on drinking the water straight away then you should remove the fruit after letting it sit for a few hours/overnight. If you leave the fruit in there you may end up with a bitter taste to the water.
Calories: 14kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1mg | Potassium: 44mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 52IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 9mg | Iron: 1mg