Chocolate Matcha Smoothie
Kick those sweet cravings to the curb with this Chocolate Matcha Smoothie just bursting with natural goodness.
Servings: 2 serves
- 1 cup ice
- 1 cup almond milk (unsweetened)
- ½ avocado, pitted
- 1 ripe banana, peeled (preferably frozen)
- 3 mejdool dates, pitted (see notes)
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter, sub in sunflower butter for allergies
- 1 teaspoon matcha powder (see notes)
- 2 tablespoon cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds (optional)
If you want to share your smoothie with your kids, I would leave out the matcha powder until the end. Make the smoothie without matcha, pour out their smoothies and then pop in ½ teaspoon matcha powder to the remainder of the smoothie mix and blend for yourself. Only because of the caffeine content.
Make sure you are using the big, sticky mejdool dates. If you can't get your hands on any, then use about 6 of the deglet noor dates as they are a lot smaller.
Calories: 273kcal | Carbohydrates: 38.6g | Protein: 8.8g | Fat: 16.2g | Saturated Fat: 4.3g | Fiber: 13g | Sugar: 16g