One Pan Creamy Garlic Chicken with Potatoes and Garden Herbs
Quick and easy One Pan Creamy Garlic Chicken with Potatoes is taken from plain to phenomenal with brown butter caramelized chicken breasts (or thighs if that's your preference) and charred potatoes. It is the quintessential hearty one skillet winter meal which makes the perfect cold weather comfort food for the whole family.
Servings: 4 serves
- 2 tablespoon Green Valley Organics butter
- 4 chicken breasts (or about 6 chicken thighs) pounded to be of equal thickness
- 1 cup thinly sliced potatoes (I used sierra red. Make sure you cut them thinly or they will not cook quickly enough)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- ½ teaspoon fresh oregano, chopped
- ½ teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 cup whole milk (sub in heavy cream if you want something more indulgent)
- salt and pepper to taste
Season the chicken with salt and pepper on both sides.
Melt the butter over medium-high heat in a large pan or skillet. When it is slightly brown and has a nutty smell, add the chicken to the pan and cook for 5-6 minutes on each side until browned and cooked through. Transfer to a plate and cover to keep warm.
Add the sliced potatoes, garlic, herbs and spices to the pan and cook for about 3 minutes. Flip and cook for a further 3 minutes until the potatoes are browning on the edges.
Add the whole milk or cream and cook, stirring every so often, for another 5 minutes. The sauce should be hot and slightly thickened. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Pop the chicken back into the pan and turn to ensure it is evenly coated in the cream sauce. Garnish with more fresh herbs and serve hot with a side of steamed vegetables (I served with carrots and broccoli).
Calories: 155kcal | Carbohydrates: 6.6g | Protein: 16.1g | Fat: 6.9g | Saturated Fat: 3.2g | Cholesterol: 57mg | Fiber: 0.8g | Sugar: 2.5g