Quick Vietnamese Pork and Riced Broccoli Bowl
This Quick Vietnamese Pork and Riced Broccoli Bowl is the answer to that ever recurring problem of what's for dinner tonight. They come together in just thirty minutes (less if you have some riced broccoli stored in the freezer), are delicious and satisfying, and make absolutely fantastic leftovers for lunch the next day.
Servings: 4 servings
- ½ cup warm water
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- ½ cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 lb riced broccoli (see notes for link on how to DIY)
- 2 tbsp avocado oil, divided
- 1 lb pork tenderloin, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- ¼ cup fresh mint, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- ¼ cup shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 cup red bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 cup carrot, thinly sliced or grated
- 1 cup english cucumber, diced
- ½ cup roasted unsalted peanuts, roughly chopped
Combine the water and coconut sugar in a bowl; stir until the sugar dissolves. Add in the lime juice, apple cider vinegar and fish sauced. Mix and set aside
Heat 1 tbsp of the avocado oil in a large nonstick skillet over med-high heat. Add in the broccoli rice and a pinch of salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes. Remove from the skillet and cover to keep warm.
Add to the skillet the remaining 1 tbsp avocado oil and the pork. Cook over med-high heat, about 4 minutes. Stir in the garlic, ginger and a pinch of salt. Cook for one minute.
Remove from heat and stir in the herbs, shallot and ½ cup of the reserved sauce.
To serve: divide the broccoli rice between 4 bowls, top with equal measures of the pork mixture, followed by some of the red bell peppers, carrots, cucumber and peanuts. Serve with the remaining sauce if needed.
Calories: 382kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 39.3g | Fat: 14.6g | Saturated Fat: 2.9g | Cholesterol: 83mg | Sodium: 471mg | Fiber: 6.4g | Sugar: 11.6g