Thick and Creamy Pumpkin Hot Chocolate
Warm your belly with this rich, decadent and creamy Pumpkin Hot Chocolate. The perfect treat to enjoy while strolling around the neighborhood looking at the christmas lights.
Servings: 4 servings
- 4 tablespoon pumpkin puree
- 3 tablespoon coconut sugar
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups milk of choice I use almond milk
- whipped cream or whipped coconut cream, cinnamon powder and sprinkles to serve
Into a medium sized saucepan add the pumpkin puree, coconut sugar, cocoa powder and vanilla extract. Slowly add in the milk, whisking as you go.
Turn the heat to low and stir frequently until the mixture is smooth and there are no lumps of cocoa powder remaining.
Bring the mixture to a gentle simmer, continuing to stir occasionally so that nothing sticks.
Once the mixture is smooth and has reached the desired temperature, remove from the heat and ladle into mugs. Top with whipped cream, a sprinkle of cinnamon or some actual sprinkles.
Calories: 130kcal | Carbohydrates: 19.8g | Protein: 5.4g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 2.9g | Cholesterol: 12mg | Sodium: 71mg | Sugar: 13.9g