Homemade Hazelnut and Dark Chocolate Bark Thins
Make snack time more decadent with this Homemade Hazelnut and Dark Chocolate Bark Thins recipe. Combine perfectly toasted hazelnuts and shredded coconut with the highest quality dark chocolate and you have yourself a delightful treat to enjoy anytime. It provides a not too sweet energizing boost of antioxidants as well as some healthy fats to fuel your day.
Servings: 8 serves
- 6 oz high quality dark chocolate, broken into small pieces
- ⅓ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- ⅓ cup roasted unsalted hazelnuts
- pinch pink Himalayan salt
Melt the dark chocolate in the double boiler as instructed in the notes, or by using the microwave.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Spread the melted chocolate into a thin layer. How thin is up to you, just be sure not to spread it thin enough to see the parchment paper below.
Sprinkle the coconut and hazelnuts over the chocolate. Sprinkle a little bit of the himalayan salt over the top and place the whole thing in the refrigerator for at least 10 minutes to harden.
Remove the bark from the parchment paper and break it into randomly shaped pieces. Enjoy
For double boiling:
- Fill a medium sized pot about ¼ full with water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer and fit a bowl into the pot. The bottom of the bowl should not reach the water (at least 2″ to 3″ space between the bowl and water is optimal). ...
- Add the chocolate to the bowl and stir regularly until completely melted
Calories: 145kcal | Carbohydrates: 10.5g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 10.6g | Saturated Fat: 5.8g | Sodium: 83mg | Fiber: 2.8g | Sugar: 6.5g