Pressure Cooker Carrot Ginger and Turmeric Soup
This time of year calls for the healing properties found in the ingredients in this Pressure Cooker Carrot Ginger and Turmeric Soup. The fresh, warming flavors of carrot, ginger and turmeric really shine through in this big bowl of goodness just waiting to be devoured with a hunk of fresh bread.
Prep Time5 minutes mins
Cook Time10 minutes mins
Total Time15 minutes mins
Keyword: carrot ginger soup, ginger carrot turmeric soup
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 tsp cooking oil of choice, I used avocado oil
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 thumb length piece of ginger, peeled and chopped
- 3 cups carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ⅓ cup coconut milk (plus extra for serving)
- 2 tablespoon chopped cilantro, to garnish
- freshly ground pepper, to serve
Press sauté, once the pot is hot add in the cooking oil. Once oil is hot add in the onions and cook until getting a little brown, mixing regularly. About 2-3 minutes.
Add in the garlic and sauté for 1 min.
Add in the ginger, carrots, celery and turmeric and give everything a good stir. Turn the pot off. Add in the stock and salt and stir again.
Follow the instructions above and cook in the slow cooker on low for 6-8 hours, or on high for 3-4 hours.
Use an immersion blender or ordinary blender to blend the soup until smooth. Add in the coconut milk and some freshly ground black pepper and give it another quick blend. Pop back into the pot and set to 'keep warm' until ready to serve, or serve straight away with a swirl of coconut milk and a sprinkle of cilantro. Freezes well.
If you don't have coconut milk you can sub in:
Allow the soup to cool completely, transfer to glass or plastic freezer-friendly containers or jars in individual serving sizes (be sure to leave enough room in the jar for expansion), and freeze for up to 3 months.
- plant-based milk of choice (cashew works well)
- cow's milk (note: will no longer be vegan and dairy-free)
- heavy cream for something a little bit more indulgent
Calories: 76kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 915mg | Potassium: 300mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 11011IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 36mg | Iron: 1mg