Spicy Pork and Miso Noodle Soup
Miso flavoured pork mince marries with a super tasty broth, lots of veggies, egg noodles and a perfectly boiled egg for a dinner that will have everyone coming back for seconds. Pork and miso noodle soup comes together quickly and packs well for lunch the next night.
Servings: 4 serves
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves crushed
- 2 green shallots thinly sliced
- ¼ cup white shiro miso paste
- 4 cups chicken stock reduced sodium
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger finely grated
- 400 grams pork mince
- 1 tablespoon sriracha or other chilli sauce of choice more to taste if required
- 2 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoon mirin
- ¼ cup tamari reduced sodium
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 500 grams egg noodles or noodles of choice prepared according to package directions
- 2 cups baby spinach or chopped baby bok choy
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 4 soft boiled eggs peeled
- sesame seeds and shredded nori to serve
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and shallot, stir and cook for about 3-4 minutes or until softened. Add miso and stock, and bring to a boil.
In a separate medium saucepan heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add the ginger and stir-fry for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add the pork mince and cook, breaking the mince up with a wooden spoon, for about 8 minutes or until crisp and browned all over. Stir through the sriracha.
Once boiling, add the rice vinegar, mirin, tamari, and sesame oil to the miso broth and stir.
Divide the prepared noodles among 4 bowls. Top with the miso broth, add a large spoonful of the mince mixture, a handful of baby spinach, a handful of bean sprouts and a soft boiled egg cut in half.
Top with sesame seeds and nori and serve with extra sriracha on the side for those who like it with more spice.
Calories: 589kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 34g | Fat: 41g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 264mg | Potassium: 823mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 1750IU | Vitamin C: 13.1mg | Calcium: 89mg | Iron: 3.8mg