Basil Berry Infused Water
Add a real pop of color and flavor to your water with some Basil and Berry Infused Water. This natural cleansing water will keep you hydrated throughout the day. Make sure to nibble on the fruit once you have drunk up all the goodness.
Servings: 2 serves
- 8-10 Strawberries
- ½ cup Blueberries
- 3-4 large fresh basil leaves
- 32 ounces filtered water
Remove the stems of your strawberries and slice them in half.
Place the strawberries and blueberries in a large container with a lid and use a spoon togently smash the blueberries.
Add the rest of the ingredients to the container and stir.
Place the container in the fridge for a couple of hours, or overnight.
Remove all the items from the water if you don’t plan to drink it all within the next 24hours as it can make the water taste bitter.
Tips for the best infused water:
- Make sure your fruit is fresh. Fruit that is about to turn can give your water a funny flavor
- Make sure the fruit is well washed and any dirt or debris has been removed before adding it to the water
- Gently smash the blueberries in the water, we want to release the flavor of the blueberry, not have little bits floating all over the place
- If you don't plan on drinking the water straight away then you should remove the fruit after letting it sit for a few hours/overnight. If you leave the fruit in there you may end up with a bitter taste to the water.
Calories: 37kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 24mg | Potassium: 102mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 32IU | Vitamin C: 32mg | Calcium: 21mg | Iron: 1mg