Pecan and Pomegranate Chicken Salad
This Pomegranate Pecan Chicken Salad makes the perfect appetizer when stuffed into a lettuce leaf or nestled on top a nice fresh slice of cucumber. We love adding it to wraps with some lettuce for a fresh and flavourful lunch. Also a great addition to a brunch table, how about stuffing it into a croissant! Yum.
Servings: 30 appetizers
- 2 large chicken breasts cooked and chopped
- 8 ounces plain Greek yogurt (I use full fat)
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 cup green apple chopped
- 1/2 cup pecan halves roughly chopped
- 3 green onions finely chopped
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp pure maple syrup (optional depending on how sweet you like it)
- salt and pepper to taste
- lettuce leaves or cucumber discs to serve
In a large bowl combine the Greek yogurt with the dijon mustard and salt and pepper.
Add in the chopped chicken, pomegranate, apple, pecans and green onions and give it all a good stir until well combined.
Taste and adjust seasoning as needed. Serve stuffed into a lettuce leaf or heaped on top of a cucumber disc.
Can be made ahead of time.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
Calories: 36kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 10mg | Sodium: 24mg | Potassium: 82mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 15IU | Vitamin C: 0.7mg | Calcium: 11mg | Iron: 0.1mg