Instant pot breakfast recipes make the morning go so much more smoothly. When you want a satisfying change from oatmeal, a warm bowl of chocolate-covered strawberry breakfast quinoa will most definitely hit the spot. Look forward to waking up to a bowl of naturally sweetened goodness that not only offers the taste of chocolate and strawberries but is also full of protein. Add a splash of vanilla to enhance the flavors of all the ingredients even more.
If you love simple breakfasts then you will also love this apple quinoa breakfast pot which can be easily made ahead of time.
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Breakfast Quinoa
I had the pleasure of meeting the lovely Erica from The Crumby Kitchen at a food bloggers conference this past week.
What made it so exciting was that I have been online friends with Erica for a lonnng time, and have even helped recipe test for her new cookbook The Electric Pressure Cooker Cookbook For Two, but had never actually met her in person.
Erica is lovely, and her book is just packed full of amazing recipes (125!! including this instant pot breakfast recipe) for you to whip up in the pressure cooker.
Why Cook Breakfast In The Instant Pot?
Now, you are probably wondering why someone with a husband and three children would be interested in a cookbook sharing recipes for 2?!?
I have one word for you: breakfast.
Whether you’re a busy couple, a single-parent family, or empty nesters with adventurous palates, knowing how to cook for two is a handy skill. Le overs are great, but using your electric pressure cooker to whip up your favorite recipes on a smaller scale not only keeps your taste buds happy, it also reduces waste. In this book, you’ll nd all kinds of tips and tricks on how to make your electric pressure cooker, a.k.a. multicooker, work for you. Erica Acevedo
My kids are like little starving monsters that must be fed immediately upon falling out of bed.
They want breakfast like 5 minutes ago as soon as they roll out of bed.
My hubby on the other hand practices intermittent fasting these days and doesn't want to even look at food until around 12pm.
I can't eat until I have at least had two coffees and a hot shower.
So this instant pot breakfast section has become my new best friend.
I pop breakfast for the kids into the pot, walk away, and have my shower, and by the time I have finished, the monsters have awoken and the pot is beeping with delight.
The best thing about this recipe is the simple ingredient list.
You will need:
- uncooked quinoa;
- unsweetened coconut milk or other plant-based milk of choice;
- maple syrup: sub in honey or other liquid sweetener of choice if preferred;
- unsweetened cocoa powder;
- vanilla extract;
- strawberries and chocolate shavings for serving.
Simply add all of the ingredients except for the strawberries and chocolate to the instant pot.
When it beeps, serve up topped with chopped strawberries and chocolate and you are good to go.
Instant Pot Breakfast: Chocolate Covered Strawberry Breakfast Quinoa
- ½ cup uncooked quinoa
- ¾ cup unsweetened coconut milk plus more for serving
- ½ cup water
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch kosher salt
- chopped strawberries for serving
- chocolate shavings for serving
- Thoroughly rinse the quinoa in a mesh strainer for 2 minutes, using your hands to sort through and pick out any discolored pieces or pebbles.
- Put the quinoa in the bowl of your cooker and stir in the coconut milk, water, maple syrup, cocoa powder, vanilla (if using), and salt. Seal the lid with the vent shut and press the button for the rice setting to cook on low pressure for 12 minutes.
- Allow the pressure to naturally release, about 10 minutes, then open the vent at the top and remove the lid.
- Flu the quinoa with a fork and spoon it into two cereal bowls. Add more coconut milk, and top with strawberries and chocolate shavings.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.