Enjoy Fall with these quick and easy healthy pumpkin muffins bursting with flavor. Naturally sweetened with maple syrup and apples, this is one snack that is sure to go down a treat. Pairs well with a nice cup of tea. Perfect for little lunch boxes, afternoon tea, or an after school treat.
What Is Needed For Healthy Pumpkin Muffins?
These little bites of deliciousness don't need anything fancy.
Gather up these ingredients:
- whole wheat flour
- baking soda
- vanilla extract
- pumpkin puree (if you want to make your own then try this)
- granola (for topping, optional. I use a homemade pumpkin spice granola)
How To Make Pumpkin Muffins.
Once you have gathered the above ingredients then simply:
- Mix all the wet ingredients,
- Mix all the dry ingredients,
- Add them together (gently, don't stir too much or they will end up gummy),
- Add to a greased mini muffin tin and cook for about 15 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted,
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool
- Voila, little fluffy muffins to satisfy those sweet cravings.
How To Store Pumpkin Muffins.
Store in an airtight container.
You can leave them out on the bench for a day or two, or you can pop them into the fridge if you want them to last longer.
Healthy pumpkin muffins freeze really well also.
To freeze, arrange the food in a single layer on a baking sheet small enough to fit into the freezer. Pop into the freezer. Remove when frozen and transfer to a freezer-friendly container or Ziploc bag and pop back into the freezer until ready to use.
To thaw, simply remove from the freezer the night before they are needed.
Can These Mini Pumpkin Muffins Be Made Full Sized?
Yes, of course.
I tend to make mini pumpkin muffins so they can be eaten as a quick snack after school, or slipped into lunchboxes as a small sweet treat.
However, if you prefer a big muffin, that will work too.
Simply cook for a bit longer, around 20-25 minutes, and you will be good to go!
Need More Pumpkin Recipes?
After you devour these healthy pumpkin muffins, be sure to check out these other pumpkin-centric recipes:
- Pumpkin Goat Cheese Risotto with Pomegranate
- Baked Chia Pumpkin Pie Donuts
- Moroccan Cauliflower and Pumpkin Cous Cous Salad
- Baked Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal
- Healthy Pumpkin Bread with Apple and Granola
- Pumpkin Spice Granola
- Thick and Creamy Pumpkin Hot Chocolate
- Pumpkin and Carrot Soup
Healthy Pumpkin Muffins With Apple and Granola
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 tablespoon unsalted butter melted and cooled
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup finely chopped apple
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup granola
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Grease mini muffin tin (I use coconut oil)
- Combine the flour, cinnamon, ground ginger, salt, and baking soda in a mixing bowl and whisk until thoroughly combined
- In a second bowl, combine the butter, maple syrup, egg, and vanilla extract
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir until just combined
- Add the apples and pumpkin puree and stir until just combined
- Fill each cup in the pan to about ¾ full, sprinkle on some granola, and bake for about 15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of a muffin comes out clean.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.