Spiced Raw Carrot Salad with Pistachios and Feta is a super-delicious, super-nutritious blend of shredded carrots, basil, parsley mint, chickpeas, pistachios and feta cheese. It comes together in just 15 minutes, and makes a great side for dinner when paired with some grilled chicken or a great on-the-go lunch as is.
Spiced Raw Carrot Salad with Pistachios and Feta
I have been making a variation of this salad for years, and it is one that is always popular with the kids.
I don't know about yours, but mine really like carrots.
They eat their green salads, but carrot in a salad is always the first thing to go.
So it only made sense to fill a whole salad with carrots and bulk it up a bit with some chickpeas, pistachios and feta.
How To Grate Lots Of Carrots At Once
Don't worry, you don't have to stand there and grate carrot after carrot on your box grater.
Pull out that little attachment that comes with your food processor, you know the one with the box grater holes on it that gets thrown in the back of the cupboard never to be seen again?
Yeah, that thing is super handy!
Once you realize just how handy, you will be using it ALL the time.
God, I wish it hadn't taken me ALL these years.
Now, if you need something equally amazing to pair this flavorsome salad with, then check out this Homemade Rotisserie-Style Chicken Made in the Oven:
Spiced Raw Carrot Salad with Pistachios
- 3 cups grated carrots (see notes for quick option)
- 1 15.5oz can garbanzo beans (chick peas), rinsed and drained
- 2 green onions, white and light green parts only, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup cilantro (corriander), coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup mint, coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup parsley, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup shelled pistachios, chopped
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese, for serving
- 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Add all of the salad ingredients, except the crumbled feta, to a large bowl and toss to combine.
- Add the dressing ingredients to a large glass jar with a lid. Pop the lid on and give it all a good shake.
- Top the salad with the dressing, toss to combine and sprinkle on the crumbled feta before serving.
- To meal prep: prepare the salad and dressing and store separately in airtight containers. Add the dressing and feta to the salad just before serving.
Looking for more recipes with carrot as the main ingredient? Check these out:
- This Carrot Pizza with Carrot Pizza Sauce from Veggie Desserts is SO stinking cute!
- Roasted Carrot Hummus from Mom Foodie makes a GREAT snack;
- And of course we NEED a Carrot Soup, and this one from April Go Lightly looks amazing.
Ben Myhre says
February and eating outside? I could eat outside, as well, if I like frostbite! Seriously though, I am going to visit my moms in San Diego pretty soon and really look forward to it. It might be chili to them, but even 50 degrees is shorts weather to me.
Oh it is insane Ben!!! I can't quite believe we are eating outside already, but who am I to complain 🙂
Kate | Veggie Desserts says
What a pretty and fresh-sounding salad. I love the colours and the addition of pistachios!
I'm always looking for new and interesting salad recipes and I love everything about this one - Especially the pistachios!