Spiced Raw Carrot Salad with Pistachios and Feta is a super-delicious, super-nutritious blend of shredded carrots, basil, parsley mint, chickpeas, pistachios and feta cheese. It comes together in just 15 minutes, and makes a great side for dinner when paired with some grilled chicken or a great on-the-go lunch as is.
We have been on a bit of a salad kick lately. It may only be early February in CA, but the weather is already warm enough that we have started eating outside again! Which invariably means salad, because what else do you want to eat when the weather is glorious and your hubby wants to turn on the grill every night?
I have been making a variation of this salad for years, and it is one that is always popular with the kids. I don't know about yours, but mine really like carrots. They eat their green salads, but carrot in a salad is always the first thing to go. So it only made sense to fill a whole salad with carrots and bulk it up a bit with some chickpeas, pistachios and feta, right?
And don't worry, you don't have to stand there and grate carrot after carrot on your box grater. Pull out that little attachment that comes with your food processor, you know the one with the box grater holes on it that gets thrown in the back of the cupboard never to be seen again? Yeah that thing is super handy, and once you realize just how handy, you will be using it ALL the time. God I wish it hadn't taken me ALL these years.
Now, if you need something equally amazing to pair this flavorsome salad with, then check out this Homemade Rotisserie Style Chicken Made in the Oven:
Spiced Raw Carrot Salad with Pistachios
- 3 cups grated carrots (see notes for quick option)
- 1 15.5oz can garbanzo beans (chick peas), rinsed and drained
- 2 green onions, white and light green parts only, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup cilantro (corriander), coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup mint, coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup parsley, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup shelled pistachios, chopped
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese, for serving
- Add all of the salad ingredients, except the crumbled feta, to a large bowl and toss to combine.
- Add the dressing ingredients to a large glass jar with a lid. Pop the lid on and give it all a good shake.
- Top the salad with the dressing, toss to combine and sprinkle on the crumbled feta before serving.
- To meal prep: prepare the salad and dressing and store separately in airtight containers. Add the dressing and feta to the salad just before serving.
Looking for more recipes with carrot as the main ingredient? Check these out:
- This Carrot Pizza with Carrot Pizza Sauce from Veggie Desserts is SO stinking cute!
- Roasted Carrot Hummus from Mom Foodie makes a GREAT snack;
- And of course we NEED a Carrot Soup, and this one from April Go Lightly looks amazing.