Make sure the kids have no more boring bites and add some smooth and creamy almond butter to their fancy weekend morning breakfast. My kids have been dying over this Almond Butter Coconut Toast with Chocolate Drizzle on a Saturday morning, and mom is still happy because it contains only all the good stuff to get them ready for the day ahead.
Almond Butter Coconut Toast
We just spent a glorious few weeks in one of my favorite places in the world: San Diego.
Every morning my hubby would get up and go for a surf and the kids and I would go on a nice big walk by the water.
Is there anything more head-clearing than the ocean?
The only way I could convince them to walk for 30 mins every morning without having a whinge was by promising that we could all share an açaí bowl afterward (I'm not always all about bribery and corruption, only when it suits my own needs....)
Needless to say, we got to sample our fair share of açaí bowls!
We found this one little hole-in-the-wall cafe called NoW Cafe (NoWorries: get it!).
I have no affiliation with this company, and I was actually so overwhelmed with wrangling 3 kids that I didn't even talk to the owner, it was my husband that ended up talking to her when he headed up to grab me a much-needed coffee later in the day.
They offer unique menu items inspired by the animals they are saving. And all proceeds from the cafe benefit the NoWorriesMovement to help them continue to save animal lives and open their own animal sanctuary!
Isn't that great?!?
And they have great coffee: winning!!
Anyway, while there we had this amazing toast with almond butter, coconut and chocolate and it was called The Una.
Una just happens to be the name of my kid's FAV character from Puffin Rock (this bird has my accent so the kids think it is absolutely hilarious and just had to have the toast...which they devoured).
That same week Lindsay sent me a HUGE box of almond butter....fate??? I think so.
So as soon as we got home we ripped open the box and recreated the Una, aka Almond Butter Coconut Toast with Chocolate Drizzle.
We made our own chocolate drizzle with coconut oil and unsweetened cocoa, (which we also use in this recipe) and we whipped up some homemade bread and loaded on the almond butter by the spoonful.
This has fast become the kid's most requested weekend breakfast now that school is in session and we have to settle for simpler fare during the week like premade homemade granola.
Why Lindsay Almond Butter?
- No stir: there is very little oil separation so it is super easy to spread as soon as you open the jar!
- It has a delicious, nutty taste. They even have a crunchy option which is impossible to find in almond butters
- Each jar is packed full of protein
- High in vitamin E, iron, calcium and fiber
- High in monounsaturated fat (the good fat)
- No hydrogenated oils, cane sugar or GMOs
- Made with 100% California almonds
- the sweetener is honey and sustainable palm oil
- they have crunchy, creamy and a honey cinnamon flavor which is all great for mixing up the routine.
Need more ideas on what to do with your Lindsay Almond Butter?
Look no further:
- spread it plain on toast;
- dip with apple slices, celery sticks or crackers;
- spread on some rice cakes;
- add a dollop to your oatmeal or favorite smoothie recipe;
- slice a date in half and stuff with some almond butter (my kids LOVE this);
- stuff the groove in a celery stick with some almond butter and top with some raisins;
- use it instead of peanut butter in your next chicken satay recipe;
- whip up some cookies like this and replace the peanut butter with almond butter.
Almond Butter Coconut Toast with Chocolate Drizzle
Clicking any equipment link above will earn me a small commission at no extra cost to you.
- Make your chocolate drizzle by whisking together the coconut oil and coconut until combined, set aside until needed.
- Toast the bread to your liking.
- Spread the almond butter nice and thick on the toast, top with blueberries, coconut flakes, chia seeds and a sprinkling of chocolate chips. Drizzle on some of the coconut oil chocolate drizzle sauce and serve.