Take your pecans from good to absolutely fantastic with this sweet and spicy pecan recipe. Perfect for snacking or adding to salads for a crunchy twist.
Love your snacks with a big pop of flavor? Try this Masala Popcorn next.
Sweet and Spicy Pecans
Ever since I whipped up a batch of Sweet and Smokey Spice Rub, I have been using it on absolutely everything (seriously, I put some in a gnocchi dish tonight and it really took the whole thing to a new level).
Well I just had to try it out on some nuts, and seeing as I already have my favorite pecan recipe here, I thought I would just combine the two and see what would happen.
They are a little bit sweet, a little bit savory, and the hint of vanilla in the background just adds a whole new element to the overall flavor - you are going to LOVE them!!
I can't keep up with the demand around here, my hubby and kids have been popping them like crazy.
I put a bowl out at a dinner party the other night and they were gone in seconds, and I even spruced up a salad with some crushed sweet and spicy pecans and blue cheese and everyone was fishing at the bottom of the bowl for the crumbs 🙂
Just what I like to see.
Sweet and spicy pecans keep well stored in an airtight container, or if you are a big batch cooker/preparer like me, then they store well in the freezer as well, which is always handy.
Sweet and Spiced Pecans
Clicking any equipment link above will earn me a small commission at no extra cost to you.
- 2 cups raw, unsalted pecans
- 2 tablespoon sweet and smokey spice rub
- 3 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375F (180C)
- In a large bowl, mix together the pecans, spice rub maple syrup and vanilla extract until the pecans are well coated2 cups raw, unsalted pecans, 2 tablespoon sweet and smokey spice rub, 3 tablespoon pure maple syrup, 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- On a baking tray lined with parchment paper, lay out the pecans in a single layer and pop in the oven. Bake for 7 minutes, give everything a bit of a shake and then bake for another 6 minutes
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before serving
- To store: pop the completely cooled pecans in a sealed glass storage jar or into the freezer until ready to use
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.