Sweet, crunchy, creamy and delicious all at the same time. If any snack deserves to have the word ‘moreish’ used as it’s describer it’s Maple Candied Pecans
As you all know, I am a huge fan of dishes that can be thrown together really quickly, i.e. in the two seconds that toddlers can play independently. I am also a huge fan of dishes that are super versatile, so that you can re-use them throughout the week in various ways, and seem like a domestic goddess 🙂 I like compliments!
I have been making these Maple Candied Pecans for a long time now, and they are hugely popular in our house. They can be used in so many ways, such as:
- chop and mix with some granola
- chop and mix with some popcorn
- throw them in the blender with frozen bananas for candied pecan nice cream
- eat straight from the jar for a sweet hit
- throw some into a salad for a bit of crunch and sweetness (blue cheese is a must here too 🙂 )
But of course, as always, you do you. Use your imagination and come up with something great. I hope you enjoy them as much as we do!
Tried them or planning to? I would love to hear from you – leave a comment, like on Facebook, tweet on twitter or pin on pinterest. Sharing is caring you know 🙂
Hope you had a great weekend guys.
Maple Candied Pecans
- 2 cups raw unsalted pecans
- 3 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- In a large bowl, mix the pecans with the maple syrup and vanilla extract until the pecans are well coated
- Transfer the pecans to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Pop in the oven and bake for 13 mins, stopping at about 7 minutes to shake the pecans around
- Once ready, remove from the oven and allow to cool