Don't let the flourless aspect put you off. These 5 Ingredient Truly Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies are EPIC!! Only 5 ingredients and minimal preparation are required for soft and gooey peanut buttery goodness. Delicious as-is, or made into an ice cream sandwich.
There's Really No Flour or Sugar In These Refined Sugar-Free Peanut Butter Cookies?
Really NO flour or refined sugar.
And I guarantee they still taste amazing (I have at least 6 empty baking sheets to prove it.)
And the ingredient list is all regular ol' stuff you will find in the pantry. You are going to need:
- Peanut butter. Make sure to look for natural peanut butter that is not sweetened. You can use smooth or creamy depending on your preference.
- Maple Syrup (naturally sweetened!)
- Baking Soda (look for aluminum-free)
- Chocolate Chips. A good refined sugar-free chocolate chip is Lily's dark chocolate chips sweetened with stevia, although I have noticed more and more naturally sweetened chocolate chips showing up in the supermarkets.
Tips For Making Sure The Sugar Free Peanut Butter Cookies Are Amazing.
You NEED to put the mixture into the fridge for at least half an hour before baking. I cannot stress this enough.
If you don't the mixture will spread and you will end up with cookies that taste good but don't have a great texture.
No-one wants that.
You also need to spread them out on the baking sheet. They spread, so if there isn't enough space they will end up attaching to one another, which is totally fine, they just won't look as pretty when you separate them.
Any Other Tips?
These little bites of deliciousness are otherwise pretty straightforward.
- pop all the ingredients into the bowl of a stand mixer
- let the machine do its thing to combine them
- allow to rest in the fridge for at least half an hour before baking
- allow to cool
- enjoy as is, or store in an air-tight container for a couple of days until they are all gone.
These make excellent vessels for ice cream sandwiches.
What diet and lifestyles do these peanut butter and chocolate chip cookies work for?
Quite a few as it would seem.
Flourless and refined sugar free peanut butter and chocolate chip cookies are:
- non-GMO and organic (obviously depending on the specific branded ingredients you use)
- refined sugar-free
And they always result in people coming back for more!
These cookies are incredibly soft and flavorful and get that awesome chewy cookie texture if you can let them rest for a while once baked.
They also make the perfect base for an ice cream sandwich.
Need some more cookie options:
- Peanut Butter Choc Chip Bars
- Chocolate Coconut Roughs
- Coconut and Goji Berry Cookies
- Pecan Dark Choc Chunk Oatmeal Cookies
Once baked simply let them cool completely and stuff a big scoop of ice cream in between two cookies. EPIC.
Truly Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup natural, unsweetened peanut butter, at room temperature
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ⅓ cup chocolate chips
- Add the peanut butter, egg, maple syrup and vanilla extract to the bowl of a stand mixer. Using the paddle attachment, mix at medium speed until well combined, about 45 seconds.
- Pop the mixture into the fridge for 30 mins.
- Preheat the oven to 350F and grease a baking sheet, or line it with parchment paper.
- Remove the mixture from the fridge and stir in the baking soda and chocolate chips (I usually keep mine in the bowl of the stand mixer and then just mix with the paddle attachment again).
- Drop rounded tablespoons of the dough onto the baking sheet, making sure to keep at least 2 inches apart. I do about 8 per sheet to prevent them from touching.
- Bake for 12 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the baking sheet for about 7 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Store in an airtight container.
It looks really amazing!!
I needed to make a gluten free cookie recipe for a friend that was coming over. These fit the bill and were very delicious!
I made these cookie sandwiches for a party this past weekend and they turned out SO WELL! Everyone loved them, and no one could guess they were healthy at all!
Dorothy Reinhold says
PB cookies have always been my fave! So excited to have a much healthier version to enjoy!
So easy and I can feel better eating these than what I usually do!
I love how simple the cookie dough batter is! Love the flavor too!
So easy, right!!
Love Keil says
These cookies are so delicious looking, cant wait to give them a try!
Megan @ MegUnprocessed says
I LOVE making peanut butter cookies!
Me too 🙂
Loving the sound of both ice cream at my door, and these lactose free flavors! Peanut butter is my true weakness and these cookies look like the perfect accompaniment to ice cream. I can't believe they have no flour! Will definitely check out Arctic Zero and make these cookies soon.
Just a warning - ice cream to your door is dangerous 🙂 Peanut butter is an ultimate weakness around here as well, between my daughter and I we go through sooo much!
Sarah @ Champagne Tastes says
I just had raw oysters delivered to my door the other day- I'm totally amazed by what you can get overnighted by clicking a button! And that ice cream cookie combo sounds AMAZING!
Oh wow, now raw oysters would be amazing!! We can't get much good seafood locally so I NEED to hear more!!
Kristen Chidsey says
The artic peanut butter ice cream is my absolute FAVORITE. I can't wait to pair it with these cookies.
It is so so good!! We had six pints of different flavors delivered at once and everything else had to wait until the peanut butter was enjoyed 🙂
I don't know what I think is cooler - the ice cream (pun intended), or the no-bake cookies! I've always loved peanut butter cookies, but I had no idea you could make them as a flourless cookie. They certainly look like they work gorgeously - and a layer of that delicious and surprisingly guilt-free ice cream is the perfect sandwich-filling! Glad you mentioned the thawing tip - I frequently forget (read: can't wait) to do that, but it's good to know that it makes such a difference here. Cheers!
Haha first of all, LOVE the pun 🙂 Unfortunately the cookies DO have to be baked, but they are still flourless so thats a major plus in my books (esp. with a couple of gluten-free friends). Oh I am the worst when it comes to thawing, I have no patience at all when it comes to sweets, but it is a necessity with this ice-cream!
Ashley @ Big Flavors from a Tiny Kitchen says
These cookies were just begging to be made into ice cream sandwiches! Awesome flavor combo!
I know right!! They were delicious 🙂
peter @feed your soul too says
My kids would go crazy for this recipe. I like this recipe for its flourless base which makes it gluten free. That way everyone can enjoy these cookies. The fillings and making it into an ice cream sandwich are over the top.
Yes! We have a few friends with gluten sensitivities so it is always nice to have a treat we can share with them when they come over for dinner 🙂 My kids nearly died when they walked in to ice cream sandwiches for an afternoon treat!
Lisa | Garlic & Zest says
Direct to my door ice cream could be a dangerous thing... There's just no accounting for the snack attack tendencies in our house. The ice cream sandwiches are a great idea too. I don't follow a gluten free or dairy free regime, but many members of my family do, so this would be a great option when they visit!
We don't follow a gluten free or dairy free regime either, in fact I don't think it would be possible in this house with the amount of bread we consume 🙂 We have some friends that do though, so I like to have something we can share with them for dessert when they come visit. Ice cream on the doorstep is definitely a dangerous thing!
Printing and pinning. Love it!
Oh thank you April 🙂