Don’t let the flourless aspect put you off. These 5 Ingredient Truly Flourless Refined Sugar-Free Peanut Butter Cookies are EPIC!! Only 5 ingredients and minimal preparation are required for soft and gooey peanut buttery goodness. Delicious as-is, or made into an ice cream sandwich.
Disclaimer: This post includes affiliate links, and I will earn a commission if you purchase through these links. Please note that I’ve linked to these products purely because I recommend them and they are from companies I trust and use myself.
There’s Really No Flour or Sugar In These Refined Sugar-Free Peanut Butter Cookies?
Really NO flour or refined sugar.
And I guarantee they still taste amazing (I have at least 6 empty baking sheets to prove it.)
And the ingredient list is all regular ol’ stuff you will find in the pantry. You are going to need:
- Peanut butter. Make sure to look for natural peanut butter that is not sweetened. You can use smooth or creamy depending on your preference.
- Maple Syrup (naturally sweetened!)
- Baking Soda (look for aluminum-free)
- Chocolate Chips. A good refined sugar-free chocolate chip is Lily’s dark chocolate chips sweetened with stevia, although I have noticed more and more naturally sweetened chocolate chips showing up in the supermarkets.
Tips For Making Sure The Sugar Free Peanut Butter Cookies Are Amazing.
You NEED to put the mixture into the fridge for at least half an hour before baking. I cannot stress this enough.
If you don’t the mixture will spread and you will end up with cookies that taste good but don’t have a great texture.
No-one wants that.
You also need to spread them out on the baking sheet. They spread, so if there isn’t enough space they will end up attaching to one another, which is totally fine, they just won’t look as pretty when you separate them.
Any Other Tips?
These little bites of deliciousness are otherwise pretty straightforward.
- pop all the ingredients into the bowl of a stand mixer
- let the machine do its thing to combine them
- allow to rest in the fridge for at least half an hour before baking
- allow to cool
- enjoy as is, or store in an air-tight container for a couple of days until they are all gone.
These make excellent vessels for ice cream sandwiches.
What diet and lifestyles do these peanut butter and chocolate chip cookies work for?
Quite a few as it would seem.
Flourless and refined sugar free peanut butter and chocolate chip cookies are:
- non-GMO and organic (obviously depending on the specific branded ingredients you use)
- refined sugar-free
And they always result in people coming back for more!
These cookies are incredibly soft and flavorful and get that awesome chewy cookie texture if you can let them rest for a while once baked.
They also make the perfect base for an ice cream sandwich.
Need some more cookie options:
- Peanut Butter Choc Chip Bars
- Chocolate Coconut Roughs
- Coconut and Goji Berry Cookies
- Pecan Dark Choc Chunk Oatmeal Cookies
Once baked simply let them cool completely and stuff a big scoop of ice cream in between two cookies. EPIC.
Don’t let the flourless aspect put you off. These Truly Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies are EPIC!! Only 5 ingredients and minimal preparation is required for soft and gooey peanut buttery goodness.
Add the peanut butter, egg, maple syrup and vanilla extract to the bowl of a stand mixer. Using the paddle attachment, mix at medium speed until well combined, about 45 seconds.
Pop the mixture into the fridge for 30 mins.
Preheat the oven to 350F and grease a baking sheet, or line it with parchment paper.
Remove the mixture from the fridge and stir in the baking soda and chocolate chips (I usually keep mine in the bowl of the stand mixer and then just mix with the paddle attachment again).
Drop rounded tablespoons of the dough onto the baking sheet, making sure to keep at least 2 inches apart. I do about 8 per sheet to prevent them from touching.
Bake for 12 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the baking sheet for about 7 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Repeat with the remaining batter.
Store in an airtight container.