Cold, crunchy, chocolatey and creamy - so many words to describe these great little treats. Just 3 ingredients and perfectly healthy and delicious!
Disclaimer: This post includes affiliate links, and I will earn a commission if you purchase through these links. Please note that I’ve linked to these products purely because I recommend them and they are from companies I trust and use myself.
Chocolate Banana Bites
If you just want the recipe, then feel free to click on the 'Jump To Recipe' button above. If you want some tips, tricks and serving suggestions for the recipe, you will find them in the post below. I try to include only useful information.
My little prince just turned one! I didn't get all emotional about it when my firstborn was having her first birthday, as I was too busy fighting the waves of nausea my second pregnancy was causing.
This time around, I am ridiculous!
I have actually surprised myself at how emotional the event is making me...for someone whose parents called her 'hard hearted hanna' growing up, crying at the thought of a child turning one, was not something I envisioned for my future 🙂
Motherhood does weird things to the emotions I tell ya!
Anyway, I wanted to make him a birthday treat featuring his very favourite food - BANANAS.
He is so in love with bananas that it was his third word, preceded only by mama and dada.
At the store, I can't put bananas into the shopping cart until the very end of the shop, or we have screams of 'Bana, bana, bana' until he can have one.
And he is loud.....
So this one is for you little man.
Bananas covered in a thin, chocolatey shell.
Chocolate Banana Bites.
So simple to make and no refined sugar needed, as the bananas provide enough sweetness all by themselves.
These little bites are so delicious, quick and easy.
They can be dressed up and made to look super fancy by dipping in some coconut, hemp seeds or sprinkles of choice.
Oh and they double as a great teething aide - perfect for my birthday boy 🙂
Happy Birthday little man!
Need More Snacks?
You are in luck as we are ALL about the snacks around here.
- Apple Carrot and Ginger Mini Muffins
- Homemade Crunchy Banana Bread Granola
- Baked Zucchini, Feta and Quinoa bites
- Dark Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cheesecake Bites
- Banana and Peach Butter Bread with a Chia Crunch
Chocolate Banana Bites
- 2 ripe bananas
- 5 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 3-4 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp Maple syrup (optional: I don' use it but you can add 1-2 tbsp if you like it a bit sweeter)
- Cut bananas into thin slices. Place on a tray lined with parchment paper and pop into the freezer until frozen (I usually just do this overnight for ease)
- Once bananas are frozen, mix the coconut oil and cocoa together until thick enough to stick to the bananas (you may need more than 1 tbsp for this, as I had different results with different cocoa)
- One by one, dip the frozen bananas into the chocolate mixture, it should harden straight away. Pop the coated bananas back onto the tray and into the freezer for about 15 minutes to ensure they have fully set. Transfer to an airtight container and keep stored in the fridge or freezer until ready to eat
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
If you tried this recipe please comment and rate it. I love hearing your feedback and answering your questions! And if you make this please tag me on Instagram with @wholefoodbellies so I can share it <3