Creamy Whipped Feta and Cauliflower Mash recipe is a great lighter alternative to mashed potatoes for your dinner table. The whipped feta and chives make it that little bit fancy, ensuring your guests will be delighted.
Creamy Whipped Feta and Cauliflower Mash Recipe
This cauliflower mash recipe has yielded the funniest photo shoot I have experienced to date by far.
The kids and I had a weekend away at my parents shack to get some beach time in before heading back to winter in the States (brrrr), and as they were completely buggered from a day of building sandcastles, I decided to try out a few new recipes.
This delicious Creamy Whipped Feta and Cauliflower Mash recipe being one of them.
Well, I set up my tables for the photos, got the kids involved by having them hold a few props, and then had to rush off to answer a phone call.
When I returned I found my two-year-old sitting naked (why?) on top of the table, half of the food gone, and a huge spoonful of mashed cauliflower heading straight for his dirty wee face.
It was a mess, but all I could do was laugh, which he and his sister thought was hilarious, and a fit of giggles by all involved ensued.
At least he enjoyed it right?
(and even more important, at least I had already taken my photos, or tears would have replaced the laughter 😛 )
It was funny at the time.
Naked babies aside, this dish is just perfect for your Holiday table.
It replaces those trusty old mashed potatoes with something a little bit fancy, and all that added whipped feta and chives really make them just delightful!
Personally I would serve up mashed potatoes as well as I am all about the sides during the Holidays, but thats me 🙄
They are also just delicious served up during the week for something just a little bit different!
If you do try out this whipped cauliflower mash recipe, be sure to pop back and let me know how you went, I always love to hear from you.
Need more side dishes? Check these out:
- Slow Cooker Garlicky Herbed Cauliflower Mash
- Maple Roasted Small Potatoes
- Pillowy Potato Biscuits using Leftover Mashed Potatoes
Creamy Whipped Feta and Mashed Cauliflower Mash Recipe
- 1 medium head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 tbsp salted butter
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt
- ½ cup Danish feta, crumbled
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 tbsp fresh chives, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- milk to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place the cauliflower in a steamer over boiling water and steam until tender, about 10 minutes
- Pop the steamed cauliflower into a large bowl with the butter, greek yogurt and feta and blitz with a handheld blender until creamy. Alternatively pop into the food processor and process until smooth, or use a handheld masher (although the results won't be as smooth)
- Add in the green onions, chives and parsley and mix well to combine
- Salt and pepper to taste. If a creamier result is needed, then add in some milk until you reach the desired consistency. Serve and enjoy