Ok, so I don’t know whether it’s the perfectly cooked chicken, the perfectly cooked baby potatoes, the little bursts of flavor from the cherry tomatoes, the zing of the lemon or the ABSOLUTE deliciousness of the cream sauce….but this lemon garlic butter chicken rocks.
This recipe has been updated from the original October 2015 version in order to provide a better experience for our readers.
Oh my goodness, this dish…
Seriously, it is worth the terrible skin-peeling burns I gave myself on the chest to make it.
Note to self: don’t absent-mindedly throw some onions into a hot pan of butter and chicken…the subsequent splash is going to hurt like hell. Especially when you hit the salt water in Hawaii the next weekend. Ouch.
So What Makes This Lemon Garlic Butter Chicken So Good?
Back to this scrumptious little dish.
When I tell people I have a food blog, they always ask what recipe they should check out. If you asked me in Summer I would say my Summer Stone Fruit and Spinach Strawberry Pecan Salad for sure. Now that its Fall and this deliciousness has come from my kitchen – this is THE recipe I would point you towards.
It can all be made in one pan, with about ten minutes of prep work; the rest is oven time, so you are free to go do whatever the hey you want. It’s still got a little hint of warmer weather in there, with those great little pops of flavor from the cherry tomatoes, but leaning towards the coolness of Fall with those potatoes and the creamy sauce.
How Should I Serve This Up?
I could harp on all day about how much I love this lemon garlic butter chicken dish (can you tell I am excited?), but just go try it out and see for yourself. I promise you won’t be disappointed.
I tend to serve this up with this Creamy Parmesan and Vegetable Orzo.
It would also be great with some:
- hot buttered noodles;
- a bed of steamed veg if you want to make it low carb;
- or a simple side salad.
If you want to keep the carbs down then this also pairs really well with Broccoli Rice.
I would love to hear what you think of this Garlic Butter Chicken Bake if you try it out! Be sure to leave a comment or pin to Pinterest for later. Happy eating 🙂
- 2 chicken breasts preferably organic
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp organic unsalted butter
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup grated parmigiano reggiano
- 1 1/2 tsp fresh thyme chopped
- 1/2 lemon sliced
- 6 baby potatoes washed and quartered (leave skin on)
- 1/2 red onion cut into wedges
- Handful of cherry tomatoes
- Preheat the oven to 400F
- Pop chicken breasts into a ziploc bag along with the paprika and shake to coat the chicken
- Melt half the butter in an oven-safe pan (I used a cast iron skillet) over medium heat. Add in the paprika chicken breasts and cook for about 7 minutes, flipping the chicken half way through. Remove from the pan and set aside on a plate
- Add the remaining butter into the same pan over a medium heat. Add the garlic and saute for about 2 minutes, until it becomes slightly golden and fragrant. Add in the chicken broth, cream, parmesan, thyme and a few squeezed lemon slices. Bring to a slow boil
- Turn down the heat and allow to simmer for about 5 minutes, or until it starts to thicken up
- Pop the cooked chicken into the cream sauce. Surround with the baby potatoes, red onion wedges and cherry tomatoes. Add the remaining lemon slices on top of the chicken breasts
- Place in the oven on a middle shelf and cook for about 25-30 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through
- Serve and enjoy
If you tried this recipe please comment and rate it. I love hearing your feedback and answering your questions! And if you make this please tag me on Instagram with @wholefoodbellies so I can share it <3
If you enjoyed this recipe then you might want to try these:
- Lemon Oregano Chicken Skewers;
- 4 Ingredient Teriyaki Salmon;
- Lemon Parmesan Chicken with Garlic Butter Veg
- The Perfect Slow Cooker Ratatouille Recipe