Light and creamy, these
Disclaimer: This post includes affiliate links, and I will earn a commission if you purchase through these links. Please note that I’ve linked to these products purely because I recommend them and they are from companies I trust and use myself.
What Ingredients Are Needed?
Just a handful of ingredients are required for these deliciously creamy little frozen yogurt bites:
- gluten free whole wheat cereal (you can usually find in the health food aisle of your local supermarket, just check the ingredients)
- Greek yogurt
- frozen pineapple
- raw honey
- coconut oil
- culinary lavender
What Cereal Should I Use?
It's up to you.
You should be able to find a good gluten-free cereal in your health food aisle. Just be sure to check the ingredients in case lots of sugar has been added.
I have used these and they work perfectly and they actually tasted good (not like some of those cardboard-
Now To Assemble The Pineapple Lavender Frozen Yogurt Bites
This bit is easy. Simply:
- Blitz the cereal in a food processor (I use this one and it has lasted me for years)
- Add the coconut oil and blitz until combined
- Press the base into mini muffin tins
- Add the combined yogurt, pineapple and honey
- Sprinkle with dried lavender
- Freeze until set
How To Store Mini Frozen Yogurt Bites
These should be stored in an airtight container in the freezer.
Simply remove and allow to thaw for a couple of minutes before serving to ensure they aren't too hard.
Switch Up The Flavors
Go wild with the
- blending strawberries, mango or other seasonal fruit with the yogurt
- adding some nuts to the base when blending
- sprinkling some orange, lemon or lime zest on top instead of the lavender
- for vegans blend some maple syrup with coconut yogurt.
Gluten-Free Honey Pineapple Lavender Frozen Yogurt Bites
- 1 cup Gluten-Free Whole Wheat Cereal (or any cereal or granola of your choosing)
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup frozen pineapple pureed or chopped finely
- 2 tbsp raw honey
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp culinary lavender
- Combine the honey with your yogurt and pineapple puree and set aside.
- Place the cereal or granola in a food processor until no large pieces appear.
- Melt the coconut oil and add it to the ground cereal/granola. Stir thoroughly.
- In a mini cupcake pan, place cupcake liners in 8 of the sections.
- Place a little less than a tablespoon of the cereal mixture in the bottom of each liner and press down lightly with your fingers.
- Spoon your yogurt mixture of the top of the cereal mixture in each liner until just barely reaching the top.
- Sprinkle the dried lavender on the top of each yogurt bite.
- Place in freezer for about an hour and serve.
- Can be stored in a sealed container in the freezer for one week.
If you enjoyed this recipe then you might want to try these:
- Mini Strawberry Crumbles Baked In Mason Jars
- Mini Banana Bites
- Chocolate Chai Yogurt Breakfast Parfait
If you tried this recipe please comment and rate it. I love hearing your feedback and answering your questions! And if you make this please tag me on Instagram with @wholefoodbellies so I can share it <3