Goat Cheese Quinoa and Broccoli Casserole is a healthier version of a cheesy comfort food classic, made in a flash, loaded with veggies and without any of the guilt! Make it even quicker by using some riced broccoli.
Disclaimer: This post includes affiliate links, and I will earn a commission if you purchase through these links. Please note that I’ve linked to these products purely because I recommend them and they are from companies I trust and use myself.
Ok so apparently I opened Pandora’s box….I caved and bought a box of mac and cheese for the kids one night when I just COULD NOT cook anything else (Thanksgiving followed by 2 hosted parties….).
They had never had boxed mac and cheese at home before, and once they realized it was a thing the pestering started every.single.time lunch rolled around.
Don’t get me wrong, you go out and buy all the mac and cheese you want, I will be the last person to judge! I had just managed to dodge that particular bullet for a long time, and giving in changed everything for a while there.
What Does Mac & Cheese Have To Do Wit Quinoa and Broccoli?
Nothing really. Except the time it takes to whip them up.
This is obviously not a mac and cheese recipe, and I am certainly not trying to pass it off as one, but it does come together just as quickly. Which is the point!!
Time (and energy) are things we are all lacking at some point, and that is when we give in to the urge to just grab some convenience foods and be done with it.
This Goat Cheese Quinoa and Broccoli Casserole comes together in a flash (seriously, 15 minutes from start to finish), is loaded with 3 cups of veggies and comes without any of the guilt!
To make it even quicker you can switch things up and:
- use a bag of riced broccoli or riced broccoli you already have in the fridge
- add a bag of riced cauliflower for even more veggies
- use up leftover quinoa and just add the rest of the ingredients and heat through
What To Do With Leftover Goat Cheese Quinoa and Broccoli
- stores well in the fridge for lunch the next day
- use it as a base for a salad bowl like this one
- add an egg or two and some flour depending on how much you have leftover and make some little quinoa and broccoli fritters.
Give it a try and let me know what you think. Happy eating.
Goat Cheese Quinoa and Broccoli Casserole in the Instant Pot
- 2 eschallots finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 2 cups broccoli florets finely chopped
- 1 cup spinach chopped
- 1/4 cup goat cheese crumbled
- 1/4 cup water
- salt and pepper to taste
- chilli flakes to taste
- Using the sauté function in the instant pot, add some cooking oil of choice. Once hot, add in the eschallots and sauté until translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Add in the garlic and sauté until fragrant. Turn off the sauté function.
- To the pot add in the uncooked quinoa and vegetable stock, pop on the lid, seal and turn the pressure cooker to high for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes do a quick release, open the lid and pop in the broccoli, spinach, goat cheese and water. Give it a quick stir and then pop the lid back on and cook on high pressure for 1 minute.
- After 1 minute, quick release, remove the lid and season to taste. Serve hot as a side, or allow to cool and it makes a great quinoa salad.
Looking for more quick and easy dishes to serve up for lunch? I’ve got you covered:
If you tried this recipe please comment and rate it. I love hearing your feedback and answering your questions! And if you make this please tag me on Instagram with @wholefoodbellies so I can share it <3