Enjoy a light and veggie filled meal with this Toasted Sesame and Miso Noodle Salad. Quick and easy to put together and jam-packed with all the goodness one needs on a busy night.
This post may contain affiliate links. Clicking on them may mean whole food bellies receives a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support.
Remember that dressing I shared with you last week? Well this is the delicious noodle salad I promised I was going to share with you that utilized the dressing in all its creamy goodness. We combine lots of finely shredded and chopped veggies including romaine lettuce, red cabbage, spring onions, cucumber with some noodles and the delicious sauce and hey presto dinner is served.
It is kind of like a coleslaw crossed with ramen....sounds weird, but it works. The kids loved it too, which is always a blessing. They really enjoyed the crunchy lettuce and cabbage combined with the squirmy noodles. If your little one likes to get creative I would suggest some mini chopsticks, or those cheat chopsticks that are tied together at the end. We picked some up for cheap at the local asian store, and they insured every last noodle was gobbled up.
You can find some here: Kids Cheat Chopsticks
This miso noodle salad is best served the day it is made as the veggies can get a bit soggy once the dressing has been added. If you want it for lunch during the week, then just mix up the salad ingredients together and pack the dressing into a little container to pour on when you are ready.
Need some more quick, easy and delicious weeknight meal inspiration? Look no further:
If you try out my Toasted Sesame and Miso Noodle Salad be sure to stop back and leave a comment, we love hearing from you! Happy Eating.
Toasted Sesame and Miso Noodle Salad
- 7 oz (roughly 1/2 lb) thin style asian noodles
- 2 cups iceberg or romaine lettuce, thinly sliced
- 1 cup red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cucumber, thinly chopped
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup light and creamy miso toasted sesame dressing (see notes for link to recipe)
- sesame seeds and chilli flakes to serve (optional)
- Cook noodles according to package instructions and set aside to cool.
- Add cooled noodles, lettuce, cabbage, cucumber and spring onions to a large bowl. Toss well to combine.
- Add in the light and creamy miso and toasted sesame dressing and toss again, making sure the salad is coated well. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the fridge until ready to serve.