Ok, I am sharing two salad recipes in a row. Not my original plan, but as I sit here typing away on my computer it is 106 degrees outside! 106 degrees people - I am seriously melting!! There's no way I can make, or eat, anything hot. So we have a cold and delicious Quick Coconut Peanut Noodle Salad.
It has been stinking hot all week, so we have been living on salads and cold dishes. You should too 🙂 Unless you live in Tasmania, where it is freezing right now...
I whipped this up the other night when we got home from the local splash-pad. It took me like 15 minutes. And let's face it, that's all the time you can spare after an afternoon at the pool, coming home with two very tired and hungry children!
I made a deconstructed version for the kiddos, as they are still young, and find it hard to eat everything mixed in together. So their version was just some cold peanut noodles with veggie dipping sticks - and it was very well received.
This is a perfect dish for a quick weeknight meal. You can just switch up the veg to include whatever you have in the fridge. So it's perfect for those nights when you just can't even 🙂 If you happen to be on the other side of the world, and are more in the mood for a hot noodle dish, check out my Veggie Loaded Pad See Ew.
I hope you enjoy it! We are off to splash around for an hour (on days like today it would be really awesome to have a pool hey!). Be sure to leave a comment, like on Facebook, tweet on twitter, or pin to Pinterest for when you really need a quick and easy dish!
Quick Coconut Peanut Noodle Salad
- 200 g rice noodles
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 3 tbsp peanut butter more if you want it more peanut buttery
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 3 spring onions white and light green part only, chopped
- 1/2 orange bell pepper sliced thinly
- 1/2 red bell pepper sliced thinly
- 3 radishes sliced thinly
- Half head of romaine lettuce sliced thinly
- 1 ripe tomato chopped
- Avocado cilantro , roasted peanuts and lime wedges to serve
- Bean sprouts to serve optional
- Cook rice noodles as per instructions on packaging. Once cooked, rinse under cold water to remove all the starchy residue and set aside
- Mix coconut cream, peanut butter, fish sauce, coconut sugar and lime juice together and set aside. This will be your dressing
- Slice the spring onions, bell peppers, radishes, and lettuce thinly. Chop the tomatoes. Mix all the sliced veggies together in a large bowl. Add the noodles and toss well to combine
- Serve up a helping of the noodle and veg mix into a serving bowl. Top with sliced avocado, cilantro, peanuts, lime wedges, bean sprouts (if using) and a generous amount of the peanut sauce. Mix it all together and enjoy!