When the cold weather hits cozy up with a deliciously creamy and decadent white matcha hot chocolate. Quick and easy to put together, full of great ingredients but super decadent at the same time.
Disclaimer: This post includes affiliate links, and I will earn a commission if you purchase through these links. Please note that I’ve linked to these products purely because I recommend them and they are from companies I trust and use myself.
White Matcha Hot Chocolate
Enjoy the cold season this year with a delicious and decadent white matcha hot chocolate.
I love a good matcha latte, but sometimes it is nice to change things up, and adding a bit of white chocolate for a hint of sweetness works so well for a rich and creamy drink that is so easy to put together.
This matcha hot chocolate is:
- can be vegan (obviously depending on the chocolate used, be sure to check the ingredients)
- dairy-free (again check the ingredients of the white chocolate you are using if dairy is something you are concerned about)
How To Make The Best White Matcha Hot Chocolate
It really is quite simple.
- Add the milk and white chocolate to a small pot on low-medium heat on the stove
- Whisk and heat until the chocolate has completely melted
- Add the matcha powder and whisk until it is incorporated
- Remove the matcha hot chocolate from the heat and add some marshmallows to garnish
You can also make it a wee bit fancier by frothing some milk for the top and mixing up the toppings. Sometimes we like to add:
- cacao powder
- a sprinkle of cinnamon
Use your imagination and flavor your matcha hot chocolate to your liking.
Can This Be Served To Kids?
This will have to be a decision you make yourself.
Matcha does contain caffeine so it will depend on how comfortable you are with your child consuming caffeine.
I don’t tend to serve my kids caffeine that often, but I will let them have a small cup of matcha hot chocolate, especially around Halloween. And when I say a small cup, it really is just a couple of sips.
The slight green tinge lends itself well to being a swampy-green drink without the need for food coloring. I like to have some gummy worms poking out from the top which the kids think is just fantastic.
As mentioned above though, this is something you will have to decide for yourself.
Need some more hot chocolate ideas?
Of course you do, you can never have too many hot choccie variations. Check these out and give them a try:
- Thick and Creamy Pumpkin Hot Chocolate
- Turmeric Infused Healthy Hot Chocolate
- Homemade Chai Green Tea Chai Spiced Latte
- Dark Hot Chocolate Made Using Real Chocolate
Let me know if you give this one a try, I would love to hear all about it.
White Matcha Hot Chocolate
- Heat milk and white chocolate on low-medium heat in a small pot on the stove
- Whisk and heat until chocolate has melted
- Add matcha and whisk until incorporated
- Remove from heat and add marshmallows to garnish
If you tried this recipe please comment and rate it. I love hearing your feedback and answering your questions! And if you make this please tag me on Instagram with @wholefoodbellies so I can share it <3