This Apple and Blueberry Quinoa Breakfast Pot is really just a quicker version of my Apple Quinoa Breakfast Pot, but it is worth showcasing in a recipe post all of its own. If you subscribe to my email list (you should btw - just click that link!) you will know that I have slowly been going through and updating a lot of my old photos (seriously, what was I thinking with some of those things???).
I was all set up today to re-shoot this breakfast favourite, and realised I didn't have some of the ingredients I needed, so I made a new version - which is basically same same but different (going all Thailand marketplace on you there, but I am sure you get it).
Basically we are adding lots of blueberries, because they are coming into season, and yum! And we are getting rid of the cashew cream topping and replacing it with a super simple yogurt dressing. I am still a massive fan of cashew cream, and it will always be my preference, but I know a lot of you are turned off by the extra soaking time, and the more expensive ingredients (I mean, I am out a fortune in cashews and I'm not even a full-time committed vegan), so I wanted to make it more accessible.
Anyway, enough about the changes from the original, this little Quinoa Breakfast Pot deserves to stand on its own two feet. What we have here is basically my take on a bircher muesli, but using leftover quinoa in place of oats, and adding a healthy mixture of dried and fresh fruits, with a delicious maple yoghurt topping. It takes about 10 minutes to prepare, and can be enjoyed throughout the week if you make up a couple of mason jars full of goodness. I hope you love it!
Apple and Blueberry Quinoa Breakfast Pot
- 2 cups white quinoa, cooked
- 1 ½ cups milk of choice I use coconut
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp fresh ginger, grated
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup dried blueberries (sub raisins if that's what you have)
- ½ cup chopped dried apple
- ½ cup chopped fresh apple
- ½ cup yoghurt of choice, I use coconut
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Berries, fresh chopped apple, chopped walnuts and shredded coconut to serve (optional)
- Combine the apple quinoa ingredients (quinoa, milk, vanilla, maple syrup, cinnamon, ginger, salt and chopped fruit) in a large bowl and stir to combine. Store in a large glass container with a lid in the fridge for at least 30 mins or overnight. Alternatively, pack into 4 individual mason jars, leaving room to add fresh fruit.
- Mix the yoghurt with the maple syrup and vanilla in a small bowl, and stir to combine. Cover and chill for about 10 minutes.
- Stir the quinoa mixture before serving. Serve up and top with a dollop of the maple yoghurt, some fresh apple, fresh blueberries, and other toppings of choice - I usually add some chopped walnuts and shredded coconut.