This salsa verde baked salmon recipe is a perfect quick and easy dinner which is packed full of so much flavor. The salmon is moist and perfectly cooked, the veggies are crisp and delicious, and the garlicky sauce is just divine.
Salsa Verde Baked Salmon Recipe
This salsa verde baked salmon recipe came about completely on a whim, and I am so happy it did.
Do you ever pull something out of the freezer in the morning, and then get to dinner and have absolutely no idea what you intended on doing with it? That's what happened here. I pulled out some salmon, and then drew a complete blank come dinner time.
My 'go-to' salmon dish is always this 4 ingredient teriyaki salmon, but we had just eaten that earlier in the week - and you know I hate meal repeats!
So, after rummaging around in the fridge, I found a batch of homemade salsa verde leftover over after making marinated grilled chicken kabobs with zucchini. I spread that garlicky goodness on the salmon, threw it in a foil packet with some veg, and hey presto, dinner was served.
And I have to say, it was seriously satisfying.
Any Tips For Sending This Baked Salmon Recipe Over The Edge In Terms Of Flavor?
If I were to give you one tip that you absolutely must take on board it would be this: make sure to keep the juices from the bottom of the foil packet after cooking.
I poured it over some freshly cooked pasta and served it up with the baked salmon, and it was just divine.
Garlic and olive oil - simple and delicious!
I also served with a little side salad, simply because I was super excited to be harvesting my own lettuce in the garden for the first time ever 🙂 It's definitely the simplest things that can be the most satisfying.
Can This Baked Salmon Recipe Be Made Ahead Of Time?
This recipe just happens to make a great accompaniment to a camping trip. Just make up your little individual salmon packages, make sure they are wrapped nice and tight and keep them cool in the fridge or cooler until require.
TIP: obviously use common sense and make sure these are kept at the optimum temperature if you are taking them camping. I don't want you putting them in a cooler and leaving them in there for 5 days before cooking.
Let me know if you try out this salsa verde baked salmon in foil, and if you love it as much as my whole family did. Happy eating!
Salsa Verde Baked Salmon in Foil
- 4 skinless salmon fillets
- 1 small bunch flat leaf parsley
- 10 cloves of fresh garlic crushed
- 1 tsp crushed chilli flakes
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ¼ lbs fresh green beans ends trimmed
- 1 pint grape tomatoes halved
- 3 tsp olive oil divided
- Juice from one large lemon. quartered
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees (or fire up the grill)
- Whip up the salsa verde by popping the parsley, garlic, chilli flakes and olive oil into a food processor, and blend until combined but still a little bit chunky
- Bring a medium sized pot of water to a boil. Once boiling, pop in the green beans for about 3 minutes and then drain and toss in a bowl with 2 tsp olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste
- Cut four pieces of aluminium foil into about 14-inch lengths
- Into the foil package lay a quarter of the green beans, top with the salmon and then 1tbsp of the salsa verde mixture - spread it over the whole piece of salmon. Toss the halved tomatoes in the remaining 1 tsp olive oil, and then pop ¼ of the tomatoes on top of each salmon stack
- Wrap the foil packages and crimp the edges to seal. You don't want to wrap it too tightly, make sure there is room for the air inside to circulate
- Pop all of the foil packages onto a baking sheet and bake in preheated oven until salmon has cooked through, about 20-25 mins. For grilling tips, see notes (below)
- Serve and enjoy (see notes)
There will be a lovely garlic oil mixture at the bottom of each package - this is delicious drizzled over some freshly cooked pasta which also pairs well with the salmon.
If you enjoyed this recipe then you might want to try these:
- Quinoa and Milk Poached Salmon Burger
- Sundried Tomato and Salmon Alfredo Bake
- 6 Ingredient Salmon Teriyaki Bowl
- Smoked Salmon Caesar Salad
If you tried this recipe please comment and rate it. I love hearing your feedback and answering your questions! And if you make this please tag me on Instagram with @wholefoodbellies so I can share it <3