Moist and delicious, this Banana and Peach Butter Bread with a Chia Crunch is a great twist on traditional banana bread. Vegan, refined sugar, egg, and dairy-free. Enjoy with a cup of tea in the afternoon for a quick pick me up and your belly will thank you!
This recipe has been updated from the original September 2015 version in order to provide a better experience for our readers.
Where did you come up with the idea for Banana and Peach Butter Bread?
Ok I admit, Banana and Peach Butter Bread may sound like a random concoction....and it is...BUT it's a delicious one, so i am sure you will forgive me 🙂
I was cleaning up the kitchen for the gazillionth time the other day, when little miss 2 came and asked if we could make some banana bread because (and I quote) 'it's mummies favorite and I want to say thank you for everything you do'. I assume the notorious Daniel Tiger is at play here, because I am pretty sure I have never suggested that banana bread is my favorite anything...nevertheless, how could I say no to this adorable request?
So here I am, making banana bread my new favourite thing! I wanted to make a vegan version, as I really prefer vegan baking (less egg mess when cooking with kids is a HUGE plus), and I had some leftover Peach Butter to try out in lieu of applesauce. If you don't have peach butter, never fear because regular old applesauce works really well too! I have a great Slow Cooker Applesauce recipe, if you end up stocking up on excess apples over the Fall, and want to make your own. I made a batch and froze it last Fall, and am literally just finishing up my last bit this week!
Any Tips For Making Banana and Peach Bread?
Awesome tip I learned in Tonga a couple of years back - make 2 batches of banana bread at a time. Eat one now (coz, as if you are going to be able to wait when you smell it coming out of the oven), and wrap the other one tightly in cling wrap, and leave on the bench at least overnight. The second one is going to be super moist and extra delicious the next morning!
Enjoy a slice with a wee cup of tea in the afternoon 🙂
I love hearing from you so be sure to leave a comment and let me know what you thought of my Banana and Peach Butter Bread with a Chia Crunch.
Looking for more peach recipes? Look no further, I have got you covered:
- Homemade Peach Butter (which you will need for this recipe);
- Fresh Peach and Honey Lemonade;
- No Churn Peach and Vanilla Bean Ice Cream from Pinch and Swirl;
Banana and Peach Butter Bread with a Chia Crunch
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 2 large bananas mashed
- ½ cup 100% pure maple syrup
- ⅓ cup peach butter see notes for recipe or sub for unsweetened apple sauce if you don't have any
- ¼ cup almond milk
- 1 ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a loaf tin
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda and salt. Add in the chia seeds and mix to combine
- In a separate bowl, mix together the mashed banana, maple syrup, peach butter, almond milk and vanilla extract
- Add the wet to the dry and mix until everything is combined. Do NOT overmix or the loaf will become gummy
- Spoon the batter into the prepared pan, smooth on top with a spatula and bake for 45-55 mins. The loaf will be golden brown when ready
- When done, remove from the oven, and allow to cool for 30 mins before removing from the loaf tin. Allow to fully cool before enjoying