This peach butter is so sweet and packed full of peachy goodness. Perfect on fresh bread with a big dollop of yoghurt, stirred through your morning oats, or as a topping for pancakes or ice cream. You can also eat it straight from the jar, no judgement here.
Let me introduce you to the amazing flavor that is 3 ingredient peach butter. Usually I have an idea of all my posts for the month a couple of weeks in advance. What can I say, I am a total organisational nerd - note: that doesn't mean I am organised at all, it just means I like writing lots of lists...and then forgetting all about them 🙂 Whether I follow those lists or not, well that varies!
So, this month, I had all my posts organised in a lovely little list, and this one was not on there. This one happened as a side note whilst making some canned peaches. It was so good though, I couldn't wait to share it with you, and it has been pushed to the front of the line (I am a total rebel, I know).
This is a fantastic way to use up some peaches that are about to go off, or those that aren't pretty enough to be canned, or presented in some fancy cake. I made this batch yesterday, and already I have eaten an entire jar of it, and hubby has been eating the second jar by the spoonful. So I am making more today 🙂
How Do I store and Eat 3 Ingredient Peach Butter?
This will last 2-3 weeks in the fridge if you store it in an airtight container (but it won't, because you will eat it all as soon as you make it). I have been having it on some fresh bread with yoghurt, adding it to our morning oats, and using it as a topping for pancakes and ice cream too.
It can also be stored in the freezer if you make a big batch.
Any Tips on Peeling Peaches?
If you have never peeled a peach before, then be sure to check out my tutorial here, it will make your life so much easier! And if you are looking for more peach recipes be sure to check out these lovelies:
- Frozen Peach Margarita from We Are Not Martha
- No Churn Vegan Peach Ice Cream
- Fresh Peach and Honey Lemonade
- No Fuss Blueberry and Peach Galette Recipe
I just love hearing from you, so be sure to pop back and leave a comment once you try out my peach butter! Happy eating.
3 Ingredient Peach Butter
- 6 peaches peeled (see notes for easy peeling tips)
- 3 tbsp raw honey switch for maple syrup for vegan
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- After peeling the peaches and removing the seed, roughly chop the peaches into small chunks
- Throw the chopped peaches into a saucepan with the honey and lemon juice. Bring to a simmer over medium heat
- Once simmering, reduce the heat to low and allow to cook for about 70 mins until thick (see note)
- Remove from the heat and store in a sealed glass jar in the fridge for 2-3 weeks