I have been working on these whole wheat graham crackers for what feels like F-O-R-E-V-E-R. I finally nailed it, and just in time. Remember I shared that yogurt berry parfait with you last week? Well, the recipe calls for graham crackers to be crushed and sprinkled on top. These homemade cookies are your guys! Forget about the store-bought versions – these crunchy little delights are full of only goodness and taste absolutely amazing.
I don’t know what it is about Graham Crackers, I mean they are pretty plain, but I am totally addicted. We don’t have them in Australia, and I feel like I went a wee bit wild with the graham cracker consumption when we first moved to the U.S. We all have our weaknesses right?
I had to go cold turkey (I have mentioned my lack of willpower many a time 😛 ), but vowed to come up with a homemade version so I could still get my crunchy biscuit fix. After close to twenty attempts, I finally (finally) have it.
If you give these cinnamon whole wheat graham crackers a go, be sure to whip up a yogurt berry parfait for breakfast, and sprinkle some crackers on top. So good.
Cinnamon Whole Wheat Graham Crackers
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In a large bowl combine the dry ingredients. Make a well in the middle and pop in the wet ingredients. Mix together to form a ball
- Pop the dough ball onto a piece of parchment paper, pop another piece of parchment paper on top and roll the dough out to a very thin width (think graham cracker width)
- Cut into squares and place on a cookie sheet
- Bake for 13-15 mins, the longer you leave them the crunchier they will get. Once baked, remove from the oven and allow to cool completely on a cooling rack
- Store in an airtight container