You know when something is so good you find yourself eating it straight out of whatever vessel you made it in....well this strawberry coconut butter fits that bill. Sweet, smooth and creamy, strawberry coconut butter is a great sweet snack to add to your afternoon pick-me-up recipe collection. Add it to your toast, schmear it on a bagel, or sandwich it between two chocolate cookies. Whatever you do, make a big batch and enjoy. Whole 30, vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free, dairy-free and naturally sweetened.
What Do I Need To Make Clean Eating Strawberry Coconut Butter?
One thing you will definitely need is a good food processor.
I have a cuisinart food processor, and it works perfectly. They last for years and years and can pulverize just about anything, making light work of blending, processing, and grating.
It's not a one-use appliance either, I use the grater attachment for recipes like this where I have to grate lots of veggies, and the pulse button for when I want things to still be a bit chunky, like in this pea guacamole.
I use it so much that it has earned a spot on my kitchen counter...even my toaster doesn't have a spot on the kitchen counter as I like a nice tidy kitchen!
You will also need:
- ripe strawberries, fresh or frozen will work just as well
- shredded unsweetened coconut (check the ingredients)
- maple syrup if you feel it isn't sweet enough
- some patience....it can take anywhere from 5 to 10 minutes to get the right consistency, depending on the strength of the blender you are using
And that's it.
3 Easy Steps For Homemade Strawberry Coconut Butter
Homemade strawberry coconut butter is easy:
NOTE: If strawberries aren't in season you can always sub in some freeze-dried strawberries instead.
What To Do With Strawberry Coconut Butter.
Now you have the strawberry coconut butter, what exactly do you do with it.
It is pretty versatile:
- spread it on toast
- schmear it on a bagel
- pop a spoonful on your pancakes
- throw a nice spoonful into your next smoothie
- sandwich it between some cookies
- eat it straight from the jar
- dip fruit or cookies into it
- add it to rice cakes
- spread some as a filling inside a cake
If you come up with any other ideas I would love to hear them. Leave a comment in the comment section and I will be sure to update the post with your suggestion (unless it's something super weird or gross...and then you are on your own my friend).
Need Some More Clean Eating Treats?
Check these out:
- Homemade Clean Eating Lemon Curd with Honey
- Chocolate Coconut Roughs
- Clean Eating Homemade Strawberry Syrup
- Blueberry Almond Milk Smoothie
- Pecan Dark Choc Chunk Oatmeal Cookies
- Healthy Apple Doughnuts from Little Peeps Eats
Clean Eating Strawberry Coconut Butter
- High speed blender
Clicking any equipment link above will earn me a small commission at no extra cost to you.
- Add the coconut to a food processor and pulse the coconut until it is granulated. Scrape down the sides of the food processor and then blend until smooth. Be patient, this can take up to 5-10 minutes depending on the blender you are using.
- Add the strawberries to the coconut mixture in the food processor. Pop on the lid and blend until combined.
- Remove and store in a glass jar with a lid. It will last in the fridge for about 5-7 days. See posts for a long list of ways to enjoy your new treat.