These Halloween pretzel bites are so quick and easy to pull together for a fun Halloween treat. Pair pretzel chips with some melted chocolate discs and an edible candy eye. Comes together from start to finish in less than 5 minutes. Be the cool mum with the fun treat without having the spend hours doing it. These are always a hit in classroom parties or Halloween gatherings.
Disclaimer: This post includes affiliate links, and I will earn a commission if you purchase through these links. Please note that I’ve linked to these products purely because I recommend them and they are from companies I trust and use myself.
Chocolate Halloween Pretzel Bites
My kids attended a party some years back and something similar to this was served, with colored candy melts and lots of different sprinkles.
They were super fun.
My son loved them, but can't handle food coloring without going crazy and getting himself into trouble, so I changed it up with this version featuring dark chocolate and colorless eyes.
Also, it's a little bit more 'adult-friendly' with the nice dark chocolate discs, so I am quite partial to them myself (I buy some nice chocolate from a local store, but you could pick up something like this).
You get salty, you get sweet, you get crunchy and you get crisp. The perfect combination if you ask me.
I do tend to keep my recipes on the healthier side but for things like these Halloween pretzels, I do tend to splurge and grab some of these googly eyes.
You can usually find 'better' for you homemade versions of the google eyes online that don't have so much crap in them but don't expect them to have amazing ingredients. You could always make your own if you have the time (I tried that once but I don't use them enough to warrant a whole batch)!
You could also just use some melted white chocolate and dark chocolate in a little piping bag if you prefer.
How To Make Halloween Chocolate Covered Pretzels
I cannot emphasize enough just how easy these are.
You will need some pretzels, chocolate discs and google eyes.
- Lay pretzels on a baking tray lined with baking paper
- Pop a chocolate disc on top of the pretzel
- Pop into a preheated oven for 2 minutes to melt the chocolate
- Pull the chocolate pretzels out of the oven and place a candy eye on top
- Allow to cool completely so everything is stuck together
- Store in the fridge until ready to eat
Super fun Halloween snack in no time at all.
How To Serve These Halloween Pretzels
Pop them on a platter and away you go.
If you splurge on the nicer chocolate, these make a fun little snack to pass around at a Halloween party for adults.
Googley eyes and champagne, how fun!
They could also be popped into little bags and shared as a Halloween treat with school friends or neighbourhood friends if homemade treats are allowed.
My kids were so excited to find these in their lunchboxes for a fun Halloween pretzel treat.
Need More Halloween Treats?
Of course you do!
Check out these fun recipes:
- Green Monster Muffins
- Halloween Energy Bites (allergy-friendly)
- Fall Harvest Crock Pot Apple Cider
- Healthy Halloween Treats For The Whole Family
- 20 small pretzels
- 20 dark chocolate melts
- 20 candy eyes
- Preheat the oven to 180C (350F).
- Lay the pretzels on a baking sheet lined with baking paper.
- Add a chocolate melt on top of each pretzel.
- Pop the baking tray with the pretzels into the preheated oven and bake for 2 minutes, or until the chocolate has melted slightly.
- Remove the tray from the oven and press an edible eyeball into the melted chocolate.
- Allow to cool. Once the tray has cooled, put it into the fridge with the chocolate pretzels for about 5 minutes, or until the chocolate has hardened. Enjoy
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.