This comforting cauliflower leek soup is one big bowl of goodness. No need for cream, as the cauliflower blended with potato, gives a super creamy and rich soup, making this soup vegan without the need for any ingredients you won't already have on hand. The perfect bowl of comfort to fill you up on a cold day. Packs well for lunches the next day, or freeze leftovers for a simple reheat and eat midweek meal.
Disclaimer: This post includes affiliate links, and I will earn a commission if you purchase through these links. Please note that I’ve linked to these products purely because I recommend them and they are from companies I trust and use myself.
What Ingredients Are Needed For Cauliflower Soup?
There is no need for any weird and wonderful ingredients to make this perfectly creamy bowl of goodness.
Lets stick with the essentials and grab some:
- Vegetable broth
- Nutritional yeast (if keeping it vegan), or grated cheddar to serve
See, told you there's nothing weird.
Except maybe the nutritional yeast, but chances are, if you follow a vegan diet, or you like to cut back on dairy occassionally, that is something you will have on hand anyway.
If not, then just use some grated cheddar and you are good to go.
How To Make Vegan Cauliflower Soup.
For the most part, this soup comes together in around 40 mins from start to finish, and uses only one pot.
Less dishes is always something to be celebrated around here!
This is a big pot of comfort the whole family will love.
We are simply going to heat some oil in the pot, sauté the carrot, celery and leek, add in the potatoes, followed by the broth and the cauliflower.
Let it all come to a bubble until the cauliflower is tender enough to be blitzed with a handheld immersion blender, or transferred to a regular blender.
Add some salt and pepper, a handful of homemade air fryer croutons, perhaps some extra air fryer or roasted cauliflower florets if you are feeling fancy, some nutritional yeast or grated cheddar, and you are good to go.
It could not be easier.
How To Prep and Store This Easy Cauliflower Soup
Cauliflower leek soup is perfect for making ahead of time.
Simply store in an airtight container with a lid in the fridge for up to 3 days, and reheat on the stovetop or in the microwave before serving.
If you find you still have some leftovers, then simply freeze for up to 3 months, allow to thaw in the fridge overnight, and reheat before serving.
Need More Comforting Soup Recipes Like This?
Once you have tried this cauliflower and leek soup, you absolutely must try one of these other soups built for comfort:
- Glowing Pumpkin and Carrot Soup
- Moroccan Instant Pot Split Pea Soup
- Aromatic Tomato Carrot and Lentil Soup
- Creamy Irish Mushroom and Potato Soup
- Easy Potato Soup from Recipe Pocket
And of course, don't forget the Homemade Air Fryer Croutons for a nice bit of crunch!
Cauliflower Leek Soup
- 2 tbsp coconut oil or cooking oil of choice
- 2 leeks cleaned well and thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot peeled and chopped into even-sized pieces
- 1 celery stalk sliced
- 1 medium sized potato cleaned, unpeeled and chopped into even sized pieces
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 large cauliflower cut into even-sized florets
- dash of sea salt
- dash of ground black pepper
- dash of nutritional yeast, roasted cauliflower florets to serve
- Heat the coconut oil in a large saucepan. Add the leek, carrot, celery and a pinch of salt. Cook until the leeks start to soften.
- Add the potato and cover with a lid for about 5 minutes, or until the potato starts to soften.
- Add the garlic and the vegetable broth and bring to a simmer.
- Add in the cauliflower florets and cook for 5-7 minutes, until the cauliflower is tender.
- Remove from the heat and puree the soup using an immersion or standard blender (see notes). Taste and add more salt if needed.
- If the soup is too thick, add some more vegetable broth, 1/4 cup at a time.
- Ladle into a bowl, season with salt and pepper and some nutritional yeast/grated cheddar.