Have fun and indulge in some better-for-you Halloween breakfast bliss balls. Allergy-friendly and easy to make, they also make a great little healthier Halloween treat to include in little lunch boxes on the day.
Disclaimer: This post includes affiliate links, and I will earn a commission if you purchase through these links. Please note that I’ve linked to these products purely because I recommend them and they are from companies I trust and use myself.
If you love making healthier treats at Halloween then you will also love these Green Monster Muffins which contain a heap of spinach without tasting like it!
Halloween Breakfast Ideas
Kids love nothing more than waking up on Halloween morning (or any Holiday morning for that matter) to a special little themed treat.
These little Halloween breakfast balls are just perfect for the big day as they:
- can easily be made ahead of time (so you don't have to get up early to prep)
- are freezer-friendly, so if you make too many you can always freeze them for fun snacks during a busy week
- are allergy-friendly so the fun can continue and they can be packed into little lunch boxes if they have to go to school on Halloween
- make a great little Halloween themed activity for you to do with the kids before or after school.
- make a great healthy rice bubble recipe (like these healthy rice bubble bars) to use up some leftover puffed rice in the pantry.
What Ingredients Are Needed?
These are super easy to put together and definitely do not have a long list of complicated ingredients to put you off making up a batch.
You will need:
- sunflower seeds
- brown rice puffs
How To Make Halloween Bliss Balls
The best thing about these Halloween breakfast bliss balls is how easy they are!
Just throw everything into a food processor and pulse until everything is combined.
Shape into balls and roll in some coconut and then pop in the fridge to set.
If you want to decorate your balls to transform them into Halloween breakfast bliss balls then just decorate with:
- pretzel sticks or dried noodles for legs;
- currants, raisins or wild blueberries for eyes;
- pepitas or sunflower seeds for sharp teeth;
- anything else you can find in the pantry that will work well.
Can I Use Any Dates For Breakfast Bliss Balls?
Yes and no.
Mejdool dates are best. These are the bigger, stickier dates (like these ones) and they will give your smoothie that great texture and caramel taste you want.
You will find them in little containers or big boxes in the fruit and veggie section of most supermarkets.
If you can’t find them you can always sub in some neglet or noor dates, although it will be a little more work.
Simply soak them in warm water for 5 mins, drain them and then use them as called for in the recipe.
How To Store Halloween Breakfast Balls.
Just pop them in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Normally bliss balls will last longer than this in the fridge, but as this version contains fresh banana they will not last that long without the banana going off.
Not to worry, if you have more leftover after the 3 days then just pop them in the freezer in an airtight container for up to 2 months.
Simply pull them out of the freezer on the morning you want to eat them and they will thaw in no time.
Need More Halloween Recipe Inspiration?
Of course you do, it is such a fun time of year.
Check these out:
- Green Monster Muffins
- 13 Healthier Halloween Treats for the Whole Family
- Green Matcha White Hot Chocolate
- Ginger Wasabi Filled Chocolate Skulls
Halloween Breakfast Bliss Balls
- Food processor
- Place the sunflower seeds in a food processor until finely chopped. Add the brown rice puffs, banana, date, vanilla and 2 tbsp of the coconut and process until combined.
- Roll heaped tablespoonfuls of the mixture into balls. Spred the remaining coconut on a plate and roll balls lightly in the coconut to coat.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to 2 months.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Be sure to join me over on Instagram for some tips, tricks, and behind the scenes.