Be prepared for the warm weather with some frozen lemonade concentrate. Naturally sweetened and only 3 ingredients make this a great summer treat. A great way to use up lots of lemons and preserve the season. Simply run the jar under hot water for 20 seconds and blend with filtered water for a delicious cooling lemon slushie.
Why Make Lemonade Concentrate At Home?
To be honest I had never heard of ice lemonade concentrate before moving to the U.S. When I first arrived I was quite surprised to find a huge selection of frozen 'juice' concentrates at the store.
But now that the summer heat has hit, and we have been enjoying iced lemonades in the backyard every day, I totally understand how it could be helpful to have some stored in the freezer so I don't have to stand there making juice every time.
Especially when unexpected guests pop over.
The store-bought version has a bit too much 'stuff' in it for my liking, so I decided to make my own, and just sweeten it up with some honey. It is so easy to make and is a great way to use up all those never-ending lemons on the lemon tree.
How To Make Lemonade Concentrate
Just like all of my recipes (well, most), it is super easy:
- juice some lemons
- mix them with some honey syrup
- pop them into the freezer until needed
How To Store Lemonade Concentrate
I freeze mine in little mason jars, as we don't drink much at a time.
When someone comes over, I run the jar under some warm water for about 20 seconds, and then it slides right out. Perfect for whipping up some slushies.
More Warm Weather Drinks
If you are in need of more warm weather drink recipes, then be sure to pop over and check these out:
Homemade Naturally Sweetened Lemonade Concentrate
- 2 cups fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup local honey
- ½ cup water
- Pop the honey and water into a small sauce pan, stir and bring to a simmer
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool
- Once cooled, add the honey mixture to the lemon juice and give it a good stir
- Pour into 4 8oz mason jars and secure the lids tightly
- Store in the freezer until ready to use
- To serve: remove from freezer, run the jar under warm water for about 15 seconds, pop the concentrate into the blender. Fill the jar up twice with water and empty that into the blender too. Blend, adjust to taste (more water may be needed), and serve
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.