Spark up your next asian inspired salad with this Light and Creamy Miso and Toasted Sesame Dressing. Just a handful of ingredients and a quick whisk makes this dressing easier to whip up than a trip to the supermarket for the bottled variety, and so much better for you.
We have a great little asian supermarket close by that we usually frequent on a Sunday to get some fresh fish for homemade poké bowls. I am not one for repeating meals, but their fish is amazing and sustainably fished so I just can't help myself, and it has become our little ritual (for now...I am sure I will get bored soon).
Last time we were there they had a little cooking demo going on to promote one of their creamy miso dressings. It was delicious, but a quick look at the ingredients sent me home to try my hand at my own cleaner version. And here we are.
This dressing is just delicious on a nice cold noodle salad with lots of veggies. It would also go great on a nice piece of fish or steak you would like to give a bit of an asian touch. It is a cinch to put together and doesn't use any fancy or 'out-there' ingredients. I have the perfect salad to pair it with right here.
Need more salad inspiration? Look no further:
- Toasted Sesame and Miso Noodle Salad
- 31 Unique Salad Recipes
- Quick Coconut Peanut Noodle Salad
- Marrakesh Carrot Salad
So, are you ready to spark up your next asian inspired salad with this Light and Creamy Miso and Toasted Sesame Dressing. If you give it a try be sure to let me know how you go in the comments. Happy Eating.
Light and Creamy Miso and Toasted Sesame Dressing
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise or veganaise
- 2 tbsp white miso
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Add all ingredients to a medium sized bowl and whisk really well until all ingredients are combined and the mixture is 'creamy'. Alternatively, add all the ingredients to a blender and blend.
- Use immediately or store in the fridge for about 5 days in an airtight container.