I have decided this pineapple and grapefruit smoothie is my welcome to spring signature smoothie. Seriously, I just spent an hour sitting under the nectarine tree in the yard, sipping on a grapefruit smoothie while the kids played (QUIETLY!), and I am so so ready for spring (not that we have had much of a winter).
I was in the very lucky position of being gifted a massive bag of grapefruits from our lovely next door neighbours. It was a very Home Improvement-esque moment (that TV show from years ago with Tim Allen - loved it 🙂 ), where I was in the yard playing/weeding with the kids, and a little neighbourly head popped over the fence offering gifts of fruit.
I massively craved grapefruit during both pregnancies, but I have never really done anything with them, other than eating them straight, so I figured I would have a bit of a play and come up with something a bit more exciting to be enjoyed in the beautiful 76F degree day we were having.
This grapefruit smoothie was absolute perfection. You still get that tartness I love from the fruit, but the pineapple cuts right through it and gives it a sweeter edge, while the pomegranate adds some extra health benefits, and makes everything a pretty pink colour.
I hope you love this grapefruit smoothie as much as we did! For more drink recipes, check these out:
Pineapple and Grapefruit Smoothie
- 1 grapefruit peeled (I used a yellow grapefruit, but pink would work well)
- ½ cup frozen pomegranate arils (sub frozen berries if needed)
- 1 cup frozen pineapple chunks
- 1 ¼ cups coconut water (sub filtered water if needed)
- Pop everything into a blender and blend until smooth (see notes)
- Serve and enjoy
If you are looking for a high powered blender which makes the smoothest smoothies, then be sure to check out the Vitamin below. It's a bit of an investment, but I use mine every single day, and for so much more than just smoothies.
* This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you click through, and make a purchase, I will receive a small commission from Amazon. It helps me keep the blog running, so if you do purchase after reading my post, that’s awesome, thanks! Most importantly, I just want to inspire you, and be inspired by you. I never endorse products that I don’t use, or don’t believe in. When I do find something that I’m passionate about, I like to share it with my readers.