Put that leftover cauliflower rice to good use with these incredibly moreish Ricotta and Cauliflower Tater Tots. Just a handful of ingredients and a little bit of time will give you a snack that is perfect as a side on your dinner table, as a walking appetizer or tucked away into a little one’s lunch box.
I was once again victim to the convenience factor of the Costco sized bags of riced cauliflower. The price on that stuff just cannot be beaten, and during a busy week, it is so handy to just reach into the fridge for some pre-riced veggies.
Lazy I know, but sometimes the convenience factor just wins. If you do want to make your own cauliflower rice, then check out this post and sub in cauliflower for the broccoli.
How Do I Use Cauliflower Rice?
After using some in my Vietnamese Pork Bowls, and more in my Cauliflower Burgers I was left with a weird amount of cauliflower that needed to be used or frozen for another date. That’s when these little-riced cauliflower babies were born.
With just a handful of ingredients you have these little ricotta and cauliflower tater tots that are surprisingly loaded with flavor, and a HUGE hit with the kids (especially if there is some ‘red sauce’ for dipping).
Use them in place of wherever you would normally serve some tater tots. My kids love them in their lunch boxes as well, so they make a great little grab-n-go addition to the snacks in the fridge.
More Cauliflower Rice Inspiration:
If you need some other recipes using cauliflower rice as the main ingredient then check out these delicious offerings from around the web:
- Keto Mashed Cauliflower with Cream Cheese and Asiago from Joy Filled Eats;
- Low Carb Loaded Cauliflower Bake from Home Made Interest
How do you eat your Ricotta and Cauliflower Tater Tots? I love hearing from you so be sure to leave a comment if you try them out. Happy eating.
Ricotta and Cauliflower Tater Tots
- 3 cups riced cauliflower
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg white (from large egg)
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/3 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 spring onions, white and light green part only
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 440F
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl and mix well to combine, pop into the fridge and allow to chill for about 10 minutes
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with non stick oil.
- Shape tablespoonfuls of the cauliflower mixture into tot shapes and pop onto the baking sheet. Spray with some more cooking oil and pop into the preheated oven for 25 minutes, turning half way through
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool for about 5 minutes and then serve with your favorite dipping sauce