Sometimes a dish just screams summer, and this summer antioxidant salad is definitely one of those dishes! It is fresh, vibrant, zesty and delicious. Just look at all those colors and tell me you don't want to dive right in!
I am just loving this beautiful weather. We have been sitting on the back porch for dinner every night, and it is just so relaxing. My little one actually got annoyed when I set up the dining table inside the other night, and told me 'but it's lovely tonight in the neighbourhood' (thank you Daniel Tiger), so we quickly relocated 🙂
What was I thinking trying to set up inside? Silly mummy!
Onto the antioxidant salad. There's a healthy dose of greens, some fresh fruit to sweeten it up (and make it tempting for the kiddos), a handful of nuts and seeds, plus a really simple dressing, which blends in perfectly with all of the beautiful fresh flavours.
I served it up with some grilled lamb for the hubby and kids, but it would go so well with anything fresh from the grill (or all by itself). I have some big portobellos I plan on perusing this weekend, and I bet they would go great grilled and sliced on top.
I would love to hear from you! Leave a comment, like on Facebook, tweet on twitter or pin to pinterest for later 🙂
What is your favourite thing about summer? Have a favourite recipe or a favourite place to visit? Link up your Summer Blog Posts below and let us all share in your experience!
Summer Antioxidant Salad
- 3 cups baby spinach leaves
- 4 radishes sliced thinly
- 3 spring onions white and light green parts only, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 orange capsicum thinly sliced
- 1/2 red capsicum thinly sliced
- 1/2 cucumber thinly sliced
- 10 cherry tomatoes quartered
- 10 strawberries hulled and quartered
- 1 slices fresh peach skin removed and cut into
- 2 tbsp each of chopped walnuts pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds and hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 tbsp walnut oil (if you don't have walnut oil just go without)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare all the fruits and vegetables. Lay them out on a large chopping board or serving plate
- Sprinkle with the nuts and seeds
- Mix all dressing ingredients together (EVOO, balsamic vinegar, walnut oil, lemon juice) in a glass jar and drizzle over the salad
- Serve and enjoy