This 4 ingredient easy teriyaki salmon is so quick and easy, you need it in your life for those busy nights when you just can't! Pair it with some brown rice and chopped spring onions and you have a delicious and nutritious meal the whole family will love.
Disclaimer: This post includes affiliate links, and I will earn a commission if you purchase through these links. Please note that I’ve linked to these products purely because I recommend them and they are from companies I trust and use myself.
4 Ingredient Easy Teriyaki Salmon
I like keeping the ingredient list, and the steps involved, to a minimum. So, we have 4 ingredients and about 4 steps for this one:
- Salmon (look for local and sustainably caught)
- Rice wine vinegar
- Coconut sugar (or brown sugar depending on what you have on hand).
And it is so amazing!
It has taken me a while to get comfortable with cooking fish, and I feel like I have really nailed it with this one. The skin is super crispy, with a beautiful glaze, and the fish itself just melts in your mouth.
How Easy Is It To Bring This Teriyaki Salmon Together?
Cut the salmon into individual portions.
Place in a glass container with a lid.
Cover with the marinade and allow to sit for around 3 hours, or up to overnight if possible.
Place in a pre-heated cast iron pan. Pop-under the broiler and serve.
Told you it was easy!
The Trick To Crispy Salmon Skin
Have the cast iron pan and the broiler SUPER hot.
This cooks the actual salmon flesh initially and allows the skin time to crisp up once you pop it under the broiler/grill.
If it's not super hot, it won't crisp up as much as you need it to.
What Do I Serve This With?
Let your imagination run wild.
This Easy Teriyaki salmon is a super versatile dish that works well with lots of other flavours, they don't have to be strictly Asian based:
- some simple brown rice and spring onions
- some sesame egg noodles
- a nice kale slaw or other simple salad like this broccoli stem slaw from It's Not Complicated
- on top of some crispy or mashed potatoes
- with a side of green beans
- steamed veggies
- some steamed riced broccoli if you want to keep it low carb
If you are in the market for a cast-iron skillet to bring your cooking experience to the next level I highly recommend this one. As long as you look after it properly it will last for years and years to come:
I hope you enjoy!
4 Ingredient Teriyaki Salmon
- 1 lb salmon cut into 4 portions
- 1/3 cup tamari
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- Whisk together the tamari, rice vinegar and coconut sugar until the sugar dissolves. Pop the mixture into a shallow dish, coat both sides of the salmon with the mixture, and then arrange the salmon skin side up in the dish. Pop into the fridge for at least 30 minutes
- After 30 mins, move the racks in the broiler as close to where the flame will be, as you can (making sure your skillet can still fit in there). Turn the broiler to high
- Put the stove on high heat. Place the cast iron skillet on the heat and allow it to get VERY hot (if you do not have a well seasoned pan, you will need to add a little bit of cooking oil here - I would suggest avocado oil)
- Turn the stove off. Add the salmon, skin side up to the hot skillet, and pop into the broiler (be careful - the pan is very hot here)
- Cook for 1-2 minutes in the broiler. If it is a thicker cut, you may have to flip, and cook for another 1 minute.
- Serve and enjoy
If you tried this recipe please comment and rate it. I love hearing your feedback and answering your questions! And if you make this please tag me on Instagram with @wholefoodbellies so I can share it <3