This Vegetarian Sausage Rolls Recipe is loaded with seeds, feta and herbs to make a great little nibble which goes just as perfectly in the kid’s lunch box as it does served with a leafy salad for a vegetarian dinner option. Freezer friendly to boot, so meal prepping is a cinch.
This post includes affiliate links, and I will earn a commission if you purchase through these links. Please note that I’ve linked to these products purely because I recommend them and they are from companies I trust.
This is quite simply put the best vegetarian sausage rolls recipe I have come up with in a very long time.
I like to think of myself as a bit of a sausage roll aficionado. I like to try all sorts of flavorings and pairings, but with this one, I knew I wanted it to be loaded with seeds. Let’s just say it has taken copious amounts of puff pastry to get here, but I can confidently say I am super happy with the result.
These were a hit with both the hubby and the kids, and are so easy to put together.
Plus they can be frozen, so you can make a double batch and freeze half for another time. Winning.
These Mini Vegetarian Sausage Rolls Are:
- soy free;
- meat free;
- loaded with seeds;
- freezer friendly;
- a great addition to lunch boxes.
How To Freeze Vegetarian Sausage Rolls.
Simple, you don’t even have to thaw these before cooking.
Simply freeze before cooking and then once you are ready to use them just pull out of the freezer, glaze with the beaten egg and cook from frozen for about 30-35 minutes.
This simple vegetarian sausage rolls recipe is perfect for getting the kids involved in the kitchen. Have them scoop the mixture, roll the puff pastry and then cut it with a kid-friendly knife. They can also glaze them with the beaten egg, giving you a recipe the whole family can get behind.
Need More Lunch Box Friendly Treats?
I have you covered:
Vegetarian Sausage Rolls Recipe Loaded with Seeds
- 1 Large onion quartered
- 1 clove garlic
- small bunch of parsley roughly chopped
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup Danish feta crumbled
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 1/3 cup flax seeds
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 1 cup fresh made breadcrumbs
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry thawed
- 1 beaten egg for brushing
- Pre Heat Oven to 375F and line 2 baking trays with parchment paper.
- Put onion, garlic, parsley, and herbs into the bowl of a food processor and pulse for about 6 seconds. Add oats and pulse again for about 4 seconds.
- Scrape down the bowl of the food processor and then add in the eggs, feta cheese, tamari, tomato paste, and all the seeds and breadcrumbs. Pulse for about 15 secs. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula and make sure everything has been combined. Pulse again if needed.
- Cut puff pastry down the middle to make 4 sheets in total.
- Spread the mixture along the long side of the pastry sheets. I used about 3-4 heaped spoonfuls per half. Roll inwards in long rolls.
- Cut each roll into 8 pieces. Use a sharp knife to cut one or two slits in each section.
- Brush with the beaten egg and pop into the oven. Cook for about 20 minutes or until the puff pastry is golden.