Free up some time with your dinner preparation with these garlic pepper skillet green beans that come together so easily in one pot. Crunchy, punchy and just waiting to make an impact at the dinner table.
This post includes affiliate links, and I will earn a commission if you purchase through these links. Please note that I’ve linked to these products purely because I recommend them and they are from companies I trust.
I just realized I do not have nearly enough side dishes on Whole Food Bellies.
Which is just crazy as sides are the most exciting thing a meal, especially during the Holidays. They are always the thing I reach for first, and the thing I reach for when the time for seconds rolls around.
What Ingredients Do We Need For Garlic Pepper Skillet Green Beans?
The ingredient list for this dish is simple. We have some:
- Green beans, just trim the ends
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Minced garlic
- Sea salt, look for some good quality salt to really kick up the dish a notch
- Extra virgin olive oil
And that's it.
Using good quality minimal ingredients here really lets the flavor of the beans shine through. Use the freshest green beans you can find and you really don't need the addition of lots of other ingredients for a great dish.
In case you are in the market I use this skillet:
Can I Prep Anything Ahead of Time For Skillet Green Beans?
If you are anything like me you will want to prep ahead of time as much as possible. Especially if these skillet green beans are making their way to your Holiday table when we all know things can get hectic.
- Trim the green beans ahead of time and just store in an airtight container in the fridge;
- Mince the garlic ahead of time and store in an airtight container in the fridge;
- These are best if served straight away after cooking. I would not cook ahead of time and re-serve as they will be limp instead of crunchy.
Need More Sides To Serve with Your Green Beans?
Chances are if you are hosting a dinner over the Holidays, or even just having friends over for Sunday dinner, you are going to need a couple of sides to serve up.
I have got you covered:
- Easy Smashed Potatoes with Garlic and Rosemary
- Hasselback Sage and Parmesan Sweet Potatoes
- Creamy Garlic Roasted Parsnip Puree
- Balsamic Caramelized Onions
Want to know more about garlic and it's health benefits? Check out this article from Healthy But Smart.
Garlic Pepper Skillet Green Beans
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb green beans trimmed
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp water
- Heat oil in a large skillet (with a lid) over medium-high heat.
- Add freshly ground pepper and stir to coat the pepper in the oil.
- Add green beans and cook, stirring often until the beans are blistering and browning in areas, about 5 minutes.
- Add minced garlic and salt and cook, stirring until the garlic is fragrant and browning, about 30 seconds.
- Add water and immediately cover. Cook covered for 1-2 minutes until the beans are bright green and crisp-tender. Serve immediately.
If you tried this recipe please comment and rate it. I love hearing your feedback and answering your questions! And if you make this please tag me on Instagram with @wholefoodbellies so I can share it <3