Free up some time with your dinner preparation with these garlic pepper skillet green beans that come together so easily in one pot. Crunchy, punchy, and just waiting to make an impact at the dinner table.
I just realized I do not have nearly enough side dishes on Whole Food Bellies.
Which is just crazy as sides are the most exciting thing about a meal, especially during the Holidays. They are always the thing I reach for first, and the thing I reach for when the time for seconds rolls around.
What Ingredients Do We Need For Garlic Pepper Skillet Green Beans?
The ingredient list for this dish is simple. We have some:
- Green beans, just trim the ends
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Minced garlic
- Sea salt, look for some good quality salt to really kick up the dish a notch
- Extra virgin olive oil
And that's it.
Using good quality minimal ingredients here really lets the flavor of the beans shine through. Use the freshest green beans you can find and you really don't need the addition of lots of other ingredients for a great dish.
In case you are in the market I use this skillet:
Can I Prep Anything Ahead of Time For Skillet Green Beans?
If you are anything like me you will want to prep ahead of time as much as possible. Especially if these skillet green beans are making their way to your Holiday table when we all know things can get hectic.
- Trim the green beans ahead of time and just store in an airtight container in the fridge;
- Mince the garlic ahead of time and store in an airtight container in the fridge;
- These are best if served straight away after cooking. I would not cook ahead of time and re-serve as they will be limp instead of crunchy.
Need More Sides To Serve with Your Green Beans?
Chances are if you are hosting a dinner over the Holidays, or even just having friends over for Sunday dinner, you are going to need a couple of sides to serve up.
I have got you covered:
Creamy Whipped Feta and Cauliflower Mash
- Easy Smashed Potatoes with Garlic and Rosemary
- Hasselback Sage and Parmesan Sweet Potatoes
- Creamy Garlic Roasted Parsnip Puree
- Balsamic Caramelized Onions
Want to know more about garlic and its health benefits? Check out this article from Healthy But Smart.
Garlic Pepper Skillet Green Beans
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb green beans trimmed
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoon water
- Heat oil in a large skillet (with a lid) over medium-high heat.
- Add freshly ground pepper and stir to coat the pepper in the oil.
- Add green beans and cook, stirring often until the beans are blistering and browning in areas, about 5 minutes.
- Add minced garlic and salt and cook, stirring until the garlic is fragrant and browning, about 30 seconds.
- Add water and immediately cover. Cook covered for 1-2 minutes until the beans are bright green and crisp-tender. Serve immediately.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Don’t forget to follow Whole Food Bellies on Pinterest for more recipe inspiration! Or if Pinterest isn’t your style, bookmark this post! Let’s keep the conversation going- join my Facebook group!
Jacque Hastert says
This might be the only way I will eat green beans again.
Oh yay, that makes me happy 🙂
Claire | The Simple, Sweet Life says
These look delicious! I always like to include some sort of green bean dish in our Thanksgiving line-up and I think it might have to be this one this year. Can't wait to give it a try!
It's so easy and comes together so quickly, so a great side to include on your Holiday table.
Jagruti Dhanecha says
What a flavourful recipe, yet easy and simple to prepare. My daughter loves green beans, I am forwarding your link to her.
Oh yay, I hope she loves them!
This is a great side dish. I totally agree with you that the sides are the most exciting part of a meal and this recipe is no exception!
Right! I always end up with a plate full of sides 🙂
Katie Crenshaw | A Fork's Tale says
This is such a great way to flavor up green beans! I am always in search of healthy tasty recipes. Can't wait to make this one!
It's so good!
Karyl Henry says
I was a picky veggie eater as a kid, but I've always LOVED green beans, and could eat them by the bushel 🙂 This recipe looks so simple and delicious, and a perfect side for entertaining
Mine love green beans as well - they have been requesting them all Fall!
I can not imagine a holiday dinner without green beans. our recipe and photos look so appetizing!
Right! They are a must!
Kiki Johnson says
This is the perfect side dish for Thanksgiving! Garlic and beans are a match made in heaven and I might even go ahead and drizzle them with some brown butter right in the end! Thanks for sharing!
Ooh yum, that would definitely make it a lot more luxurious!
Veena Azmanov says
SImple easy and delicious. I love such quick recipes. My kids love green beans and this would be a real treat. Sounds yum.
I don't know what it is about kids and green beans but mine are obsessed with them!
Noel Lizotte says
so simple, this is perfection. We're doing a small Thanksgiving this year, I might use this recipe for our green veggie. Would be light, but tasty!
Heather Perine says
I love the simplicity of this..and that it's green beans!! One of my favorite go to vegetables. These look crispy and delicious. 🙂