Ginger carrot apple mini muffins are a great way to sneak some veggies into your afternoon snack. The kiddies lap them up too!
Ginger Carrot and Apple Mini Muffins
I recently made these little carrot apple muffins for a playdate and called them Doctor McStuffins Muffins, which the kids thought was absolutely hilarious.
Everyone lapped them up, so I thought I would share them with you guys.
You are going to need:
- white whole wheat flour: this is also known as plan whole wheat flour in Australia;
- ground cinnamon;
- ground ginger;
- baking soda;
- unsalted butter;
- pure maple syrup: make sure to look for pure maple syrup, not maple-flavored syrup;
- egg: an average sized egg is best, not jumbo;
- vanilla extract: make sure you get vanilla extract and not vanilla essense;
- finely grated carrot;
- apple sauce: you can also sub in mashed banana or pumpkin puree if prepared, but please note that this will change the flavor of the muffins;
- raisins (optional).
Need More Muffin Recipes?
These little muffins are perfect to have on hand for snacks throughout the week, and they are a great way to sneak some veggies into little bellies too!
We love muffins around here, check out these recipes next:
- Baked Cinnamon Apple and Oat Muffin Cups
- Peanut Butter Choc Chip Banana Oatmeal Muffins
- Cranberry and Honey Cornbread Muffin
- Healthy Pumpkin Muffins With Apple and Granola Crumb
Apple Carrot Mini Muffins
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 tablespoon unsalted butter melted and cooled
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup finely grated carrot
- ½ cup apple sauce
- ½ cup raisins optional
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Grease mini muffin tin (I use coconut oil)
- Combine the flour, cinnamon, ground ginger, salt, and baking soda in a mixing bowl and whisk until thoroughly combined
- In a second bowl, combine the butter, maple syrup, egg, and vanilla extract
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir until just combined
- Add the carrots, applesauce and raisins and stir until just combined
- Fill each cup in the pan to about ¾ full and bake for about 15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of a muffin comes out clean.