Crispy on the outside and soft on the inside these little bites of Crispy Asian Baked Tofu add great texture to salads (like my rainbow brown rice sesame bowl), stir-frys or sandwiches. I make a big batch and keep them in the fridge for easy meal prep throughout the week.
Tofu is one of those hard nuts to crack. It can take a while for you to become a fan and you really have to figure out how to do it right to get over that hurdle.
Weirdly my kids love it, so I have been experimenting with it a lot lately so that my husband and I will love it too. Plus, I bought in bulk at Costco and then forgot to use it…so I had a lot to work with in a short time. I baked it, fried it, sautéed it, scrambled it, and even made vegan sour cream with it. It’s pretty freakin versatile stuff!
This Crispy Asian Baked Tofu version is fantastic for throwing on salads (like my Rainbow Brown Rice Sesame Bowl), popping into a sandwich or a stir-fry dish.
Crispy on the outside and soft on the inside these little Crispy Asian Baked Tofu nuggets add some great texture to any dish. I make a big batch and keep them in the fridge for easy meal preparation throughout the week.
Check out some more recipes using tofu here:
Crispy Asian Baked Tofu
- 1 pound firm tofu look for non GMO project verified
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 clove garlic peeled and finely chopped
- 2 tsp minced fresh ginger
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tsp Sriracha
- Drain the tofu. If you have a tofu press then press that tofu. If you don't, like me, then just wrap it in a paper towel, put it on a plate and place something heavy on top (i.e. a really heaving chopping board). Leave for 30 minutes to get rid of all the excess liquid
- Cut the tofu into cubes (think chicken nugget like) and place into a glass storage container with a lid
- Mix all the marinade ingredients together and pour over the tofu. Cover and pop in the fridge for at least 2 hours and up to 8. Give it a bit of a shake occasionally to redistribute the marinade
- Preheat the oven to 350
- Drain the tofu cubes (keep the marinade - it makes a great salad dressing - it's the same dressing I use for my Rainbow Brown Rice Sesame Bowl) and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Pop in the oven for 45 minutes or until they are brown and crispy. Turn occasionally
- Once brown and crispy remove from the oven and enjoy! Or, store in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days