This easy Instant Pot Broccoli Cheese Soup is loaded with veggies, is SUPER CHEESY and needs just a handful of ingredients you will already have on hand. Ready in only 20 minutes it makes the perfect midweek bowl of comfort.
Instant Pot Broccoli Cheese Soup in Under 20 Minutes
It is nearly the end of October and I am STILL waiting for it to get cold enough for soup weather! I have been putting on boots and sweaters in the hope that my enthusiasm for icy winds and rain (you can take the girl out of Ireland, but you can't take Ireland out of the girl...) will corral the cool air out of hiding. But this Northern California heat is sticking around for a while yet it would seem.
Never one to be put off by a bit of sun, I am whipping up the soups left right and center around here (much to my daughters dismay). Especially seeing as 4 out of the 5 of us have developed sniffles and sore throats over the weekend. What is the point of a cold if you can't get all snuggly in front of the heater with a cup of tea and a box of tissues?
What Ingredients Are Needed For Broccoli Cheese Soup?
If you are an Instant Pot fan (and how could you not be?) then you are going to just love this Instant Pot Broccoli Cheese Soup. It literally takes 20 minutes from start to finish, tastes all kinds of amazing when paired with a loaf of fresh country bread and some creamy butter, and gets your body all nicely loaded up with lots and lots of veggies. And cheese. There is quite a bit of cheese in there too. sorrynotsorry.
Once you have tried out (and love) the Instant Pot Broccoli Cheese Soup then you should definitely check out these other Instant Pot creations for quick and easy weeknight meals you can get on the table in less than 30 minutes:
I also love this recipe from Beyond Mere Sustenance: Instant Pot Salmon and Rice with Lemon Caper Chimichurri. I love hearing from you so be sure to pop back and leave a comment to let me know what you thought of this tasty little number. Happy Eating!
Instant Pot Broccoli Cheese Soup
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 medium onion finely diced
- 2 cups diced carrots
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 6 cups broccoli florets
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 ½ cups monterey jack cheese shredded
- 1 ½ cups sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup heavy cream (or sub more milk instead)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Press the Sauté button on the Instant Pot and add the butter. When the butter is melted stir in the onion and carrots and cook about 2-3 minutes, or until the onion is translucent
- Stir in the garlic and flour. Cook for 1 minute and then stir in the broth. Continue stirring until no flour lumps remain. Make sure to scrape the bottom of the pot to make sure none of the flour mixture has stuck to the bottom.
- Add the broccoli to the pot, pop on the lid, and set Instant Pot to cook at High Pressure for 8 minutes.
- At the end of 8 minutes, do a quick release of pressure, open the lid and turn the pot off. Add in the paprika, and dijon and stir until incorporated.
- Stir in the cheeses, mixing well until fully melted. Once melted add in the milk and cream, season to taste.
- Optional: at this point I like to take half the soup and blend until smooth and creamy and then add it back to the pot, it makes for a thicker soup.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.